ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Induction with balloon technique vbac

I need to be delivered between 36-37 weeks. This was suppose to be my vbac. They won't induce the normal way for first time labours with the gel. But have said if I have a soften cervix at 36 weeks they could use the balloon catheter technique
    Has anyone been induced this way? What was the outcome? What does it involve?

Thanks
    Reviews
    thye attempted this with me but I was not dilated enougha nd it was painful for me, Its not painful for everyone though I was just super anxious, it is a great method of induction when it can be done properly. I do hope that it goes smoothly for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks
    How far along were you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was induced with the catheter - it was my first pregnancy though and I was 41wks so a bit of a different situation.

I didn't find it too painful - more uncomfortable and awkward - particularly when going to the bathroom. I had it put in at about 9pm and they left it till 10am the next day. The midwife checked it and I had dilated enough for it to be removed. She said sometimes they need to tape it to your leg for some extra pressure and leave it for another 6 hrs.

After the catheter was removed they broke my waters and hooked up the syntocin drip and monitors. I was still able to move around but couldn't go in water because of the monitors.

Labour was fast for me - 5hrs and 45 mins - and I was able to manage my pain with a bit of gas - and a lot of groaning :-)

Although you're in a slightly different senario I just wanted to let you know that the induction was a positive experience for me and I wish you all the best with your VBAC :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks I'm at the point of just wanting a cs but really want a vbac still lol

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I looked into this for my VBAC because it was the only option of induction I would consider if I needed it. In the end I did not need to be induced however if you really want to try for the VBAC I would suggest atleast giving it a try...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had it - was put in a 1pm. Had mild contractions throughout the arvo/evening. Midwife checked at 1 am, gave a slight tug and it popped out! They decided to leave the next step til the following morning. Got the show on the road around 11am, DS was born 10:50pm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a bump incase someone else has done it