+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did your body fluff around more with baby #3?

I have been getting terrible prelabour since 31 weeks, so now at 38 weeks I'm over it! It gets to the point where my contractions are 4 mins apart, medium pain wise and 60 seconds long ... Then after 3 or so hours of this they die off!!! It's so exhausting!

Hope it helps me have an easier birth this time around though I'm not counting on it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My third sounded similar to yours- lots of prelabour!! Weeks of contractions of varying strengths!
    Exhausting.
    Have you checked bubs positioning, cos my bub was slightly posterior and this was causing the intense pre labour, according to the midwives.
    Best of luck!
    For what it's worth the labour was the easiest- especially pushing stage.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to themissingpiece For This Useful Post:

The boys mum  (24-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is #3 for me and I've had lots of prelabour too. It will go all day, suddenly stop and the next day absolutely nothing. I'm 38.5 weeks and been like this for weeks. And on Tuesday bub wasn't even engaged at all! It's slowly sending me insane I think.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beachside Mumma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Themissingpiece

Bubs is very active and changes position all the time, but mostly lays on the right side front head down, not engaged yet, just floating around, twisting & turning

Fingers crossed the pushing stage is quicker for me too

Totally hear you beachside mumma - I'll be right next door in the looney bin!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, and it drove me crazy! My midwife said that it's very common with third labours.

However once labour finally was established, it was really quick.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 1234Guest For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh kj2010 that is wonderful news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not for me. I went into labour at 38 weeks with #3 and it was game on My body coped a lot better than I thought it would actually.

Good luck!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to expression For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well.. I hate prelabour as it starts ridiculously early for me and I have a history of premature and threatened premature labour.

Dd2 I was having prelabour contractions from 33 weeks and a positive fetal fibronectin test (test to determine if labour is imminent) confirmed that I would indeed be having bub sometime in the near future. I ended up having her at 36 weeks after going to hospital for a check up and being 6cm dilated. My waters were broken as I was exhausted and she was born after a 45 minute labour :-).

DS I was diagnosed with an irritable uterus and began having uncomfortably Braxton hicks at about 12 weeks :-( from about 28 weeks I was experiencing the same symptoms of prelabour as with DD but midwifes and doctor put it down to Braxton hicks.

At yet another false alarm check up at 34 weeks I was told I was 5 cm dilated and having contractions as regularly as 3 mins apart for hours on end, only to be sent home again. I was having weekly check ups and went to 39 weeks where I was told that bub was posterior and while i was still 5cm and in 'active' prelabor (whatever that means) it wasnt happening right now and I should go home and rest.
    I went home and DS was delivered in the back of an ambulance an hour later..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm 32wks and for the last week, and especially last 2 days, been having what I can only assume are intense pre-labour contractions, as they feel very similiar to what I had with DD2 from 34wks. Given that its started a little earlier I'm hoping third time round things run quicker.. smoother would be nice also.

I'm running these contractions type things in lots of 2/3 hours and then they will disappear for a few hours. It is exhausting and kept me up most of last night.

I tell you, hearing my doctor call it 'practice labour' is irritating for many reasons a) he's a man (lol, I know cheap shot) b) why do I need to practice pain and c) practice for 8 weeks? When the time comes I'll be awesome at it so it better go fast!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The boys mum View Post
    I have been getting terrible prelabour since 31 weeks, so now at 38 weeks I'm over it! It gets to the point where my contractions are 4 mins apart, medium pain wise and 60 seconds long ... Then after 3 or so hours of this they die off!!! It's so exhausting!

Hope it helps me have an easier birth this time around though I'm not counting on it!
    I could've wrote this word for word!

My body is actually aching atm, it feels like I've done a massive work out!

My uterus is sitting so high also, bubs is tucked up under my rib cage

I feel so exhausted!
    38 +4 and I'm having a Caesar in 6 sleeps... Bring it on, I can't take this