+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anninkc View Post
    Hiya - just wonder if you were due yet? Curious. I'm 39 wks today and looking to VBAC. Going public for delivery - midwives seem fine, but also kept on with a private OB who will deliver there, just in case of any late complications (not keen to get stuck with a registrar in training to give me a c-section). Person I'm seeing has said I get 41 weeks to pop bubs out naturally, or I 'get' another c-section!!! If I'm not in labour at 41 wks (as I was not the first time round), I shall simply refuse, bargain for more time, ask for a membrane sweep or something ... had to bargain with different OB for first pregnancy going overdue, too, and that one had absolutely no complications at all ('til the placental abruption halfway through natural labour!!).
    Why would you need to "bargain" with an OB?

I will hopefully get a VBAC this time after an emergency c-section with twins 4 years ago. At my 24 week appt the OB said that the baby was measuring 3 weeks bigger and I'm off for GD test early this week. My blood pressure is also steadily rising even with medication.

What I'm worried about is that the OB was already discussing a C-section at 39 weeks. I have said that I will make up my mind about delivery at 40 weeks.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone have any information about VBACs GD and pre-eclampsia (or success stories) to share?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I would 'bargain' as I wouldn't want to be ditched as a patient for not agreeing with them, which, as a private patient, could happen (also in small town here, very limited choice for private OB's and only 2 hospitals to pick from and as a VBAC the midwives will make you have an appointment with a public hospital OB at some point in the game - I'd rather take control of the choice and pick someone myself). It's all in the diplomacy stakes!! It doesn't bother me. The doctor seems relatively ok with all of it to date - we are approaching the 40 wk mark. You can get yourself all tied up in knots over it, or just roll in at 41 wks and say - na, no thanks, to a c-section!

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my 1vbac they wanted me to wait the full 14 days overdue before inducing. (was induced at 40+4 at my request). That was 5 yrs ago. My latest bub they would "allow" 7 days ovedue before pushing for an induction. The hospital I attended preferred induction with syn over an unwanted CS!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, so I did not get a vbac. Went into labour naturally about 8 - 9 days 'overdue' and laboured for probably about 16 hours, I guess. Got stuck at about 6cm for hours (didn't finish effacing, so dilation did not move along and bub's head was very high up which wasn't helping out) and a few other things went on, so at that point the public midives called my private OB and they all started preparing me for a c-section. I was very upset at the time - but got all the upset feelings out then. Have a happy baby boy who came out massive - 9.5 pounds or 4.5kg!! Recovery initially crappy, but ended up recovering much faster than 1st c-section 5 years ago. Bub's eating and sleeping fabulously - easy baby! have to add that the public hospital midwives were incredibly supportive during labour and did everything they could do avoid interventions and keep me off drugs/epidurals etc to help along the vbac. Private OB had previously agreed to go up to 42 weeks preggers for labour to start naturally or otherwise then automatic c-section.

Good luck to all on their journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm going for a VBAC and am allowed to go over 40 weeks 'just' lol as long as my GD sugar levels stay under diet control (they currently stll are )

Hoping with my acupuncture, herbs, etc that I go before then anyway lol