+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 45 of 45
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked
    136
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by anninkc View Post
    Hiya - just wonder if you were due yet? Curious. I'm 39 wks today and looking to VBAC. Going public for delivery - midwives seem fine, but also kept on with a private OB who will deliver there, just in case of any late complications (not keen to get stuck with a registrar in training to give me a c-section). Person I'm seeing has said I get 41 weeks to pop bubs out naturally, or I 'get' another c-section!!! If I'm not in labour at 41 wks (as I was not the first time round), I shall simply refuse, bargain for more time, ask for a membrane sweep or something ... had to bargain with different OB for first pregnancy going overdue, too, and that one had absolutely no complications at all ('til the placental abruption halfway through natural labour!!).
    Why would you need to "bargain" with an OB?

    I will hopefully get a VBAC this time after an emergency c-section with twins 4 years ago. At my 24 week appt the OB said that the baby was measuring 3 weeks bigger and I'm off for GD test early this week. My blood pressure is also steadily rising even with medication.

    What I'm worried about is that the OB was already discussing a C-section at 39 weeks. I have said that I will make up my mind about delivery at 40 weeks.

    Sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone have any information about VBACs GD and pre-eclampsia (or success stories) to share?

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0
    I guess I would 'bargain' as I wouldn't want to be ditched as a patient for not agreeing with them, which, as a private patient, could happen (also in small town here, very limited choice for private OB's and only 2 hospitals to pick from and as a VBAC the midwives will make you have an appointment with a public hospital OB at some point in the game - I'd rather take control of the choice and pick someone myself). It's all in the diplomacy stakes!! It doesn't bother me. The doctor seems relatively ok with all of it to date - we are approaching the 40 wk mark. You can get yourself all tied up in knots over it, or just roll in at 41 wks and say - na, no thanks, to a c-section!

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    27
    Reviews
    0
    With my 1vbac they wanted me to wait the full 14 days overdue before inducing. (was induced at 40+4 at my request). That was 5 yrs ago. My latest bub they would "allow" 7 days ovedue before pushing for an induction. The hospital I attended preferred induction with syn over an unwanted CS!

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0
    Ok, so I did not get a vbac. Went into labour naturally about 8 - 9 days 'overdue' and laboured for probably about 16 hours, I guess. Got stuck at about 6cm for hours (didn't finish effacing, so dilation did not move along and bub's head was very high up which wasn't helping out) and a few other things went on, so at that point the public midives called my private OB and they all started preparing me for a c-section. I was very upset at the time - but got all the upset feelings out then. Have a happy baby boy who came out massive - 9.5 pounds or 4.5kg!! Recovery initially crappy, but ended up recovering much faster than 1st c-section 5 years ago. Bub's eating and sleeping fabulously - easy baby! have to add that the public hospital midwives were incredibly supportive during labour and did everything they could do avoid interventions and keep me off drugs/epidurals etc to help along the vbac. Private OB had previously agreed to go up to 42 weeks preggers for labour to start naturally or otherwise then automatic c-section.

    Good luck to all on their journey

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bendigo, Victoria
    Posts
    1,024
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm going for a VBAC and am allowed to go over 40 weeks 'just' lol as long as my GD sugar levels stay under diet control (they currently stll are )

    Hoping with my acupuncture, herbs, etc that I go before then anyway lol


 

Similar Threads

  1. Changing FS ..... Am I allowed ???
    By jmansmum in forum IVF
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 02:25
  2. Is this even allowed?
    By MissPoss in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 27-04-2012, 20:00
  3. I'm I allowed to?
    By bronny-jane in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-02-2012, 21:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
L'il Aussie Prems FoundationAn Australian charity supporting families of premature babies & children. The charity assists families who are at ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›