+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I believe in God but do not attend any church ad I find they all contradict each other and I haven't found one that feels right yet.

I believe in God mainly because.. Well... How else did we all get here? Like really... Where DID the world, the animals, the water, the planets, the gases.. Where did it come from???!!

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaw, your welcome First time mummy.. and Rachell, thank you for opening up and im so sorry for everything you have been through. I'm sure your story would help a lot of people.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Oh wow!!! I can't even comment on that. I don't even know what to say .. wow! I have had visits from dead people and do you want to know how they come through to me? All through God! Hate to break it to you but it is God that enables me to communicate with the dead. i don't believe in Satan. The fact that people still do leaves me absolutely gobsmacked! Satan can not tempt me in an way shape or form and you want to know why that is? It's because I don't believe in him. We can only give power to something if we believe in it

Look knomie, I'm glad you have your God and if it works for you perfect! I wish you all the best. I have my God who allows me access to speak with those who have passed so let's respect each others God.
    You know what? I have to say one thing. I've met VERY few christian psychics personally in my time. And I've met quite a few . I'm very impressed by you FTM, because there is SO much pressure for anyone who has any kind of extra-sensory skills to become a part of the 'alternative' group. You know the kind that I mean, hippies, witches, shaman, druidic... the list goes on. I'm pagan myself so I personally have seen a lot of people almost brow-beaten into practicing their skills in a manner that doesn't really sit right with them.
    It really erks me to see people who aren't really in the earth connection frame are forced to act as if they are.
    The way I see it is that some people are connected to above and some below. Why fight our different beliefs when we can just follow what makes sense and makes us happy?

Seeing someone with a close connection to their god who hasn't LOST that connection simply because they're a strong enough person to stick with what they believe in is refreshing to say the least!
    Sometimes people say that pagans are judged unfairly and that we're a repressed people. In a lot of ways that's true. But there are also many christians who don't use the abilities they were born with or given simply because they don't want to practice in a manner that doesn't feel right to them.

I love that you have such a close connection with your god, and I love that you're unashamed and polite about it! So many aren't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing- gotta go get kids from
    School but will write my journey soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    You know what? I have to say one thing. I've met VERY few christian psychics personally in my time. And I've met quite a few . I'm very impressed by you FTM, because there is SO much pressure for anyone who has any kind of extra-sensory skills to become a part of the 'alternative' group. You know the kind that I mean, hippies, witches, shaman, druidic... the list goes on. I'm pagan myself so I personally have seen a lot of people almost brow-beaten into practicing their skills in a manner that doesn't really sit right with them.
    It really erks me to see people who aren't really in the earth connection frame are forced to act as if they are.
    The way I see it is that some people are connected to above and some below. Why fight our different beliefs when we can just follow what makes sense and makes us happy?

Seeing someone with a close connection to their god who hasn't LOST that connection simply because they're a strong enough person to stick with what they believe in is refreshing to say the least!
    Sometimes people say that pagans are judged unfairly and that we're a repressed people. In a lot of ways that's true. But there are also many christians who don't use the abilities they were born with or given simply because they don't want to practice in a manner that doesn't feel right to them.

I love that you have such a close connection with your god, and I love that you're unashamed and polite about it! So many aren't.
    Eko wow ... thank you so much .. I feel very humbled right now and I would love to give you a HUGE

The words you wrote are truly lovely and they mean so very much to me. To be called strong gor sticking with what I believe is an honour and from the bottom of my heart I thank you.

I honestly don't feel that I have a choice with what I believe. I tried to run from my extra sensory abilities, in fact I have spent most of my adult life running from it. But it is who I am and I can't escape that. Much like God is a part of who I am and I can't escape that either, even if I wanted to. Once I accepted that these two aspects of me will always be there my life literally fell into place. The depression lifted and I am loud and proud able to say I believe in God.

I understand it's not for everyone and that's ok too .. who am I to judge when not even God judges me?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Eko  (27-05-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Gosh I'm sorry for those of you that have spoken about how you have suffered, its good that you have found comfort in whatever form you did

Well AFM to answer the question, i find meaning all around me. I have tried to find it in religion, I have practised religion lazily and enthusiastically but I came to the conclusion that no-one knows the real truth, you just find one that fits for you and go with that. I have clashed with my Mum over this cos she believes unquestioningly and i just can't fathom that, but DH asked me just to let her be, she was happy so why rock her boat... and he's right

So I find meaning in my life by trying to be a good person, do no harm, do good where I can, appreciate the beauty of nature, teach my kids to be the best people they can. the happiest people I know, some are religious, some aren't, but they all have this kind of bubble of positivity around them so I guess that's what I try to do. If i can live happily and make those around me happy, then I don't feel my life has been wasted. I dunno if that sounds like a 'journey to meaning' but my life started out pretty unhappily and I have been dogged by depression so for me to get to this point, yes it has been a journey.

I believe in a god of some sort but I don't believe in God, or the bible, heaven, hell, limbo. I put my faith in positivity, and (this is the bit some might find offensive but i don't mean it to be) some people might call that Jesus, some might call it God, i call it spirituality and i don't see that it makes any difference what you call it as long as the end result is the same.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    FTM i hope this is not an intrusive question but do you think your psychic abilities and your belief in God compliment each other? As regards a belief in souls and the afterlife? i don't believe in heaven and i'm interested in the notion that souls can hang around us, but then can be told to go away... where do they go? I find it all very fascinating

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    HE absolutely can! xxoo
    Sorry I should have chosen my words better,
    What I was thinking when I said I know god can't heal my depression was more that when I get into deep states of depression and I can't think clearly, the last thing on my mind is my faith.
    I know in order for God to heal that part of me I have to give it all over to him and accept healing.
    Instead when I'm depressed I just think God is against me.

It's a hard fog to get out of, most of the time when I'm going through a bout of depression my husband is the one to pray for me and to tell me I'm wrong in thinking god doesn't care about me. If it wasn't for him I don't know what would have become of me..
    And its because of him telling me this and praying that I start to feel better and get back into having a relationship with God.

I shouldn't have said "I know God can't heal me" but rather "I know that God won't heal my depression if I don't allow him to do so, which is what I do when I'm going through depression"

I hope that made sense.

I have been on anti-depressants since 13 when that incident happened.
    After my DD I was put on stronger ones due to my PND.
    This year I have really been seeking God.
    My Psychiatrist can even see a change in me, so 3 months ago he agrees to let me come off my anti-depressants. It was hard! But I just kept seeking and praying and I have just hit 3 months with no anti-depressants or depressive behavior (even though very stressful events have happened in those 3 months)
    I have never felt better! And don't have all those nasty side effects of anti-depressants.

I still have weekly appointments with my Psychiatrist to see how I'm going and so far he is happy with how I'm going.

There are still parts of me that need to come a long way in my walk with God but thankfully the depression seems to be on its way out of my life.

As each day goes by my faith gets stronger, but I still have a way to go.

But I really had to make that decision to accept healing and still am making that decision to heal parts of me.

I hope this has made sense!
    I should have written my first post when I had more time and didn't have my dd climbing all over me lol.

Just wanted to clear that part up
    Xo
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 24-05-2012 at 16:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, i am finally sitting at my pc with time to post my story.
    Thank you so much to each of you for keeping this a nice story-sharing thread, not collapsing into argument
    And thank you sooo much for everyone's brave replies! How awesome is our country to allow such freedom and diversity!

So my journey:
    I am the 4th of 5 kids. My dad is Atheist, so too are my older siblings. My mum is Baptist, but she and dad agreed to raise us without RE and allow us each to find our own path. I began in public school, and there God-botherers were ridiculed. I fitted in! Mum pleaded with dad to move me to the local Catholic primary as she feared i would be athiest too, and reasoned that with more knowledge i may make a different choice. So from grade 4-6 i was at Catholic school. Got my first taste of Christianity. Didn't like it. God and the Bible intrigued me, but Catholicism scared the sh!t out of me as it seemed so negative! (FYI, my younger brother liked it and converted to Catholisism to marry is Catholic wife). Back in public for high school from 7-9, and seriously went off the rails! Got deeply into Wicca. Got sent to Catholic boarding school for 10-12, where i rediscovered God. And my husband lol. We got married in Seventh Day Adventist church, and after we moved to the city to live, i started shopping around for a church to attend. Tried many different Christian denominations. Got very disappointed by all of them.

My issue was, that much like First Time Mummy, i was born with certain "gifts". Through my mothers side (Aboriginal), we have a long long history of it. One of the reasons Wicca appealed to me was that i was so very good at it! My natural abilities and connection with the supernatural made it really easy. And there are a few things about the afterlife that "i know" because "i remember". And that didn't mesh with any of the Christian churches i tried. One i started attending about 2 years ago, i really liked, felt at home. Wanted to be baptised. Among other things, i was asked to "reject satan and his deceptions...incl. psychic stuff" and when i told the pastor about the memories i have and why i couldn't make those promises, he told me "well it's all or nothing! They are nothing but lies from satan and if you want our help then you have to forget that stuff" and i was like, er...no. Sorry, but i know what i know and i believe it to be from God. You believe what you believe coz you read it in a book! No deal.

More recently, i have found the Hillsong church albums and podcasts together with my own bible study to be enough for me. I probably will never be fully welcomed into any particular christian church because of my strong-held connection to my Aboriginal ways and born gifts. But i have now stopped searching. I like where i have arrived in my faith journey.

I also believe fairly strongly in science. But not in evolution. I think Erik Von Daniken's theory on Creationism is quite persuasive. Much more so than Darwin's theory (yes i have read "Origin of species" and to this day it is still just a theory, not yet a proven fact).

I believe in reincarnation. I do remember my last life, the in-between, finding (choosing) my mother, and then my next memory after that skips ahead to about a year old (don't remember early infancy). My mother and others in our lineage/tribe have similar memories and beliefs. Call me a nut-job for that if you want, but do it in a different thread! lol. Keep this one nice!

I used to have very strong psychic abilities when i was younger, had vivid dreams of things that would happen, like watching a movie, but when i saw a particularly distressing situation my friend was headed for i asked God for that ability to be taken away from me. I didn't want to know. I have since apologised to God, and asked for it back, as i am a lot stronger now. But He has instead given me other things in it's place. I am visited by passed elders from time to time who tell me things i need to know about.

I love God, i follow the bible, and i believe my gifts are God-given. Hey, the bible is full of people who had similar gifts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine's complicated so I'll try and make it short.

Even before my mum became a Christian she read me the Lord's prayer, I guess it was a way to introduce me to the concept without really getting into it. I never had to ask about God nor had I ever had Him explained to me but as a small child I just 'knew' there was a God and that he loved me, I didn't even feel the need to understand what God was....I just knew 'he was'.

My mum and dad joined a cult when I was 7 years old, and of course I just went along with it. Here they taught me all about their INTERPRETATION of the bible, rules and law and doing what 'they say' (as being akin to doing what God says) hell and damnation was shoved down my throat to the point where I truly believed I was going to hell!

I felt the Holy Spirit pull me out and one day I listened to Him and left...and I had no idea why or what I was going to do. From then I had to have every belief that was ever dictated to me by man and man's INTERPRETATION of the bible stripped away and I began again from the very foundation from which I came from....way back when I was a child and just 'knew'. And from that position the most beautiful transformation occured where I grew and blossomed to the point where I stand here today where I KNOW my Lord and Saviour on a personal level, and I cannot deny His existence anymore than I can deny the sun or the moon. He is everything and I am truly thankful of his hand of blessing on me throughout all my trials and tribulations.

I look back now and know that I became a Christian way back when I was a child and knew nothing. I believe God called me and gave me the gift of faith even before I could even understand what faith was and what I needed to do to get it! I became stagnant during my years in the cult but flourished when I left. I will never again be preached to or dictated by man and man's interpretation of the word. Jesus is who I go to for 'clarification' now days.

I do not like nor do I ascribe to any religion. I just follow Christ, He is the author and the finisher of my faith, not me....not the bible...not some church or list of rules but HIM and HIM alone.