+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is a personal story. I will try and make it short.
    I was raised in an atheist family.

I was being bullied in school when I was 13 And it got really bad.
    I started getting into trouble.. I won't go into details but I met a much older boy (19) and I won't go into details but he took advantage of me sexually.
    I didn't tell my parents but I wrote it down in my diary.
    My mum found it a month or so later and freaked out.
    We ended up at the police station, filling in statements etc.
    I had to go up to the hospital for tests, pregnancy tests, internal exams and all the rest of it.
    After what happened to me, having all those drs touching me that way was torture. And I was only 13.

Things got worse at school from that point on.
    The boy in question didn't go to my school but every one knew him and he was very popular.
    So I got bullied beyond belief because I had gotten him into a lot of trouble.
    And life at home was bad.

I had a suicide attempt and ended up in hospital having my stomach pumped.
    A few weeks later after I was released from the mental ward, the bullies ended up putting notes in my letter box saying awful things, texting me..
    I had another suicide attempt.
    The only reason I really survived was because my mum came home from work early and found me.

After that and a few months in hospital I was released and faced with a court date over the incident that happened with that boy.
    My parents made me go and it was horrible.

It was advised that my parents pull me out of school completely.

They opted just to move away, we moved to a smaller town near buy and the only school around was a Christian College.
    By this time I was 14.
    Knowing God became my comfort.
    It was what pulled me through the bad times.

There were many supernatural things that happened to me once I started searching for God.
    If I get time later on I will tell them.

My dad got a new job and we had to move.
    So that meant a new school.
    I went back into public schooling and had no issues at the new school.

I completely drifted away from god though to try and "fit in"

I had boyfriends at my new school and I hate to admit it but I slept with a lot of them.. I remember feeling so sick after because of what had happened to me.
    It would be like re-living it.
    My Psychiatrist would tell me I was just trying to search for another male to replace the hurt that had happened in the past, trying to convince my self that not all men were like the one who took advantage of me.
    But I never found "peace" so to speak.

And I would still have nightmares, fears, and I was quite depressed.

Fast forwards few more years and we moved again, I was older then and wasn't in school but doing my hairdressing apprenticeship.
    I had no friends and one of mums friends suggested I try out the local youth group to meet new people.
    I was 18 by now.

I went and at first it was just to meet others my age.
    I decided to let god back into my life.
    I did meet my husband in church, he was the polar opposite to me!
    He was a virgin, grew up in a strong Christian home, had a great childhood.

By the time we got married we were both strong Christians.
    I can honestly say I didn't have any pain over what had happened in my past.

When my dd was born i suffered PND and it was a hard time for us.
    My Dh still stayed close to God, but I drifted... Again...

It's only been in the past few months I have started going back to church and trying to become the person I love to be.
    Instead of hurt and depressed.

I don't like say God can heal my depression or my past, but I know he can help and lead me in the right direction and bring me that peace.

My story is still going.. I don't have many to share my walk with.. Which is hard.
    I'm often ashamed to admit I want God because of the flack you can get for it, and it's hard to take when you suffer depression.

But I'm getting stronger! This is the first time I have even said on any Internet forum that I believe in god.

P.s sorry for the typos.. On my I phone and in a rush.. I'm not good at speed typing!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

knomie  (24-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sini View Post
    Anyways, I can tell you that first time mummy is a gifted psychic and can tell she shares a beautiful relationship with god who I have no doubt, accepts her for who she is because he is that wonderful.
    Nawwww thank you Sini!

That means so much to me that you took the time to say that .. brought a tear to my eye actually ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    No prob at all .. I didn't take is as a smart a** question
    I thought everything I wrote declared what I believed so I'm confused as what you want me to say. I believe in the relationship I have with my God.

I simply can't believe in Adam and Eve . .that God made a woman with the rib bone of a man. It just doesn't sit with me. I also can't believe that Mary fell pregnant without having s3x. That to me definitely doesn't sit with me. I have read the entire bible from cover to cover and it is safe to say that about 95% of it doesn't sit with me and what it stands for. I don't want to get into details because I don't want this turning into a sh!t fight.

I believe in my relationship with God and what He tells me directly. Yes, I am aware that that statement sounds completely crazy but I don't care. I'm not crazy in the least. I have direct contact with angels and the likes and many on the hub can vouch for me because of the answers I've given them in the psychic part of this forum.

You want to know something that really cheesed me off not long ago? I was seeing a counsellor who was brilliant. She did her counselling based on the teachings of Jesus. This was her direct statement. She was helping me in ways I couldn't help myself and one day I told her about my psychic ability and you want to know what she said to me? She said, "Oh all that psychic garbage is a cult. You must stop becuase God would not approve"
    Uhmmmm lady are you kidding me??? Here she was, a believer of God and a woman who based her counselling on the teachings of Jesus and here I was, a woman who has a deep faith in God and Jesus who just so happens also has a psyhcic ability and she wsa saying that I was following a cult? If that's the Jesus and God she follows then I don't want to know about it. I can understand how someone who didn't believe in God could have completely been turned off from God from her statement. Now imagine I was someone who was trying to find God and I came to see her for counselling. Now imagine I made that confession and she said I was following a cult and God would not approve. Now imagine that this "pyschic garbage" as she called it, is a part of who I am. It is embedded deep into my being and it goes for many generations in my lineage. It is a huge part of what I know. Remember I am trying to see if God will fit into my life at this point. What do you think I would do? Do you think I would want to be a part of this lady's God? Heck no! If I had been impressionable she would have swayed me to stay away from God. Now this is a Christian woman who would have turned me off God if I didn't already know him because of her critiscism and her judgement on something she had absolutely no idea about.

Do you see what I'm getting at? I can understand how so many people who don't believe would be turned off by God. They are being told that if they don't believe then they are going to hell. That if they don't follow "God's rules" their life can't be as full as someone who does. I have been told that if I don't believe in the bible then surely I can't believe in God. To them I say, "Ok" and I walk away.

I don't need to prove myself or what I believe to anyone at all. I only answer to God and that is it.

Hmmm... from what I gather from the bible (I believe the bible) is that we shouldn't go to psychics. Not that they are evil, but in my belief, they talk to false prophets. Meaning someone could tell me my nanna says hi but I know that it isn't my nanna ... does that make sense?
    Satan comes to deceive and my personal belief is that satan will be your dead grandma if it means he can plant a small piece of doubt in your mind.
    I mean if you were to be my friend and tell me im going to have another baby etc I don't see a problem with that, I have a problem with them communicating with the dead.

I personally would never go see one but I certainly dont see you aa evil, as you said god gave you this gift
    mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustShiney View Post
    Whatever your faith. Maybe you have faith in science (for instance). I think it takes a certain abount of faith to believe in evolution. Or in Atheism. I find the journey - to wherever it takes you - incredibly interesting
    Thanks. Hopefully this thread is still open when I have some more time tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by knomie View Post
    Hmmm... from what I gather from the bible (I believe the bible) is that we shouldn't go to psychics. Not that they are evil, but in my belief, they talk to false prophets. Meaning someone could tell me my nanna says hi but I know that it isn't my nanna ... does that make sense?
    Satan comes to deceive and my personal belief is that satan will be your dead grandma if it means he can plant a small piece of doubt in your mind.
    I mean if you were to be my friend and tell me im going to have another baby etc I don't see a problem with that, I have a problem with them communicating with the dead.

I personally would never go see one but I certainly dont see you aa evil, as you said god gave you this gift
    mummy to gods gift to us
    Oh wow!!! I can't even comment on that. I don't even know what to say .. wow! I have had visits from dead people and do you want to know how they come through to me? All through God! Hate to break it to you but it is God that enables me to communicate with the dead. i don't believe in Satan. The fact that people still do leaves me absolutely gobsmacked! Satan can not tempt me in an way shape or form and you want to know why that is? It's because I don't believe in him. We can only give power to something if we believe in it

Look knomie, I'm glad you have your God and if it works for you perfect! I wish you all the best. I have my God who allows me access to speak with those who have passed so let's respect each others God.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rachell thank you so much for having the courage to share your story and I'm so sorry for the pain and suffering you have endured

Be out and proud! You believe in God and that is perfectly a-ok!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (24-05-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    subbing and also hoping this thread stays nice, it's very interesting to read everyone's story!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ps i'll post mine when i get to the pc

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    subscribing as I'm about to go into a meeting. But i believe in humanity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't like say God can heal my depression
    HE absolutely can! xxoo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

knomie  (24-05-2012)