Wow!!! That's absolutely gorgeous <3

Here's a Saturday night funny for my fellow Colin Firth ladies:

Attachment 24332

love it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KandP View Post
    To the girls talking about Folic Acid - i-folic has 500iu of folic acid, not 500mg. Elevit has 800iu.
    Yeah, that. I never actually checked to see which unit of measurement it was!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    just for those who were looking for more info, british medical journal literature on acupuncture and ivf success rates

http://www.bmj.com/content/336/7643/545.long

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

bluebird11  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Yeah, that. I never actually checked to see which unit of measurement it was!
    hehe, i had a moment last night - i saw the 500 and 800 mg comments and though - hang on, i'm only on 5mg and i have to ask for my tablets behind the counter at the chemist!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KandP For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The 500/800iu is 500mcg and 800mcg not mg. 5mg is usually only indicated if there is significant defiency or other medications that reduce the efficacy if folic acid supplements.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KandP View Post
    Here's a Saturday night funny for my fellow Colin Firth ladies:

Attachment 24332

This has MADE my day!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some great sources of info, as promised:

https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/ Even though this refers to miscarriage throughout, it actually has links to a lot of studies that relate not necessarily to miscarriage but IVF & fertility in general. The studies about each nutrient/supplement are very interesting.

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/fo...topic=226042.0 Some great info here on what each supplement is supposed to achieve. Although I wouldn't necessarily take the amounts as gospel - I thought some of those dosages sounded wrong based on other research I've done.

http://www.medpedia.com/news_analysi...ve-egg-quality Interesting little article.

http://haveababy.com/ The website/blog of an IVF doc in the US. Has some very interesting posts.

http://www.ivf.ca/article/acupuncture/10-ways-women-prepare-ivf
    Good advice from a Canadian source.

http://www.fertilityfactor.com/infer..._vitamins.html Lots of info on this site - just click around on the different links down the side.

There were more that I can't fnd right now, but hope this helps someone. Anything I read about a particular vitamin or nutrient in a source like this, I also then researched that thing specifically to get more info. (there can be a lot of conflicting info, as well as old wives' tales often repeated!)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

bluebird11  (15-07-2012),Zebby  (15-07-2012)

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow this thread goes fast!

frannies - how was your scotch and wii marathon? Sounded like heaps of fun!

mrsjag - I do acupuncture at my clinic, Genea in Sydney CBD. Pretty sure you can go there if you're not at the clinic and they are great.

peonies - thanks for all the info you really are a gold mine! LOL @ the people who only eat Maccas needing extra folate. My gf who also had trouble getting UTD used to say to me if only we were smoking, Maccas-eating, binge-drinking housos we'd have no trouble (that's not meant to be offensive btw).

emmylou and Lackers - yay for CD1! Feels great to get underway.

Sariele and b4us - hope you're not far behind the other girls and the witch shows up soon.

dancingbutterflies - how many sleeps till your BT? I go to the movies by myself sometimes and I really like it! I was the only person in the theatre once and I thought that was cool. I threw a Malteser at the screen which I'd always wanted to do but never had the b@lls

Clementine - Mac makeup is the best! Almost as good as Colin mmmmm.

Lib77 - not long to go now yay! Hopefully I'll be triggering Monday or Tuesday this week.

AFM feeling a lot better this morning after a sleep-in, maybe the key to all this hormonal cr@p is just to sleep through it! DS5 is with his Dad today (he's my bub with my XH) so DH and I are doing some gardening and enjoying the sunshine. Scan 7am tomorrow grow follies grow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks peonies and clem.

Tigger 8 sleeps left until BT My FS makes us wait 2 weeks after transfer. AF is due Friday so fx she doesnt turn up!!!!! Sometimes a sleep does give you more clarity!

6dp3dt today. Apparently implantation is meant to complete today. To be honest I dont really feel much of anything. Trying to stay positive but I am finding myself planning for future cycles already. I read a book that called it realistic optimisim

I am soooo lazy today... Still havent got off the couch!!!! I am off to get some groceries soon and fufilling a nachos craving

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    peonies- well done on the info i just finished washing the car so i am goin to enjoy the rest of my sunday with a good read cheers!

Dancingbutterfly - i make my nachos the lazy way lasagna with doritos dont nock till you try it or i will make tacco mix and put it in the middle of my doritos apply cheese and sour cream mmmm yum very filling!!

tigger - i tell dh all the time if we were drug addicts we would have no problem getting utd the world works in strange ways
    today is a lovely day for gardening so peaceful ENJOY!!

AFM- yep you guessed it still no AF i had some witchy poo pain this morning while shopping but it stopped... i pray she comes soon might give dh some loving tonight to try and bring it on if he is lucky lol !!