+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    personally, I wouldnt have changed the date. You spoke to the aunty and she was not bothered. If MIL wants to throw a surprise 50th party, tell her to do it the week before the wedding. The aunty would be very surprised if that happened. I guess, so long as no deposits have been paid, and you are not going to loose any money, then make the changes. But be aware, you dont have to spend your life making compromises for your in laws. marie.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I was asked to move my wedding day I would have told them to shove it.. had she said it at the time of setting the date I wouldn't have cared but a year later? I would have told her where to go

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think your MIL has a huge nerve to ask you to move your wedding date.

Maybe she's testing how much power she has? Exerting her dominance? Whatever the case I think it's incredibly rude and you have a right to feel upset.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You're a better person than me.
    I think she was out of line, considering when you guys first set the date no one had a problem with it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Won't the Aunty who's now having a "surprise" party be a little but suspicious that you've shifted the date ??

If they wanted the party truly to be a surprise for her they should've planned the party a few weeks b4 the actual date, and let you have your wedding on the original date!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im feeling a bit guilty at the moment. I'm doing IVF and if my current cycle doesn't work I'll try again in jut under two months. If that one works I will be due around my brothers wedding. It's in another country and I won't be able to fly. I know he won't mind changing the date for me and I don't want to miss it, but I can't put of IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knomie View Post
    If I was asked to move my wedding day I would have told them to shove it.. had she said it at the time of setting the date I wouldn't have cared but a year later? I would have told her where to go

mummy to gods gift to us
    Even though nothing was booked?

It was kind and hopefully appreciated OP, sounds like you prefer your new date anyway. All the best with the wedding planning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The thing that bothers me is ... May 25th is in two days time!

Surely you've made plans, booked things, etc. Surely guests have likewise rearranged things, especially those who might need to travel. I really think with two days to go it is too late to change. Perhaps a couple of months to go might be considered, but two days!

Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Next year
    My apologies for the error.

I do however think that a wedding is a very personal thing, and you should be able to choose the date with meaning to the both of you. If the date doesn't have meaning, and there is still plenty of time to reschedule, then it could work out. I just hope that none of your potential guests decide not to come because they feel like you are stuffing them around by changing the date.
    Last edited by sweetseven; 23-05-2012 at 15:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky you hadn't booked anything! I think she is asserting herself.. Do not budge again! Good on you for being the bigger person and just moving it though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Wow.... Your a better person than I am

Though I think if - IF - i would move my wedding day i would do it with the attitude that it was change the date & issue is over. Because if I was going to hold on to it I may as well have kept the original date.