my DH and I are doing out 2nd stim cycle in june and were thinking of transfering 2 embryos. But when i told the nurse the look and tone she gave me made me wonder if we were doing the right thing. our first stim cycle ended in a missed miscarriage, we then did a natural FET with negative results. please what are your thoughts. not after nasty comments, just advice. thankyou in advance
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
20-05-2012 20:34 #1
1 or 2 embryos
20-05-2012 20:37 #2
Do you think you will be able to cope with twins? Or triplets or 4 babies *if* both eggs split?
The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:
20-05-2012 21:11 #3
i could deffinantly deal with twins, and financially we'd be fine. its only the triplet and quad possabilities that scare me.
20-05-2012 21:27 #4
21-05-2012 02:20 #5
It's a tough decision we made on this recent failed round. We've had 4 attempts at IVF so on our 4th we decided to transfer 2. We agreed that if we had more than 2 we would transfer the best and worst emb, not 2 best. Unfortunately this round we had a morala and 3 bad embs so the fear of twins wasn't that high, unfortunately still resulted in a BFN. If you read all the o'seas sites they are transferring 4-6 now that's intense.
For us the pain of another failure far exceeded the fear of twins and finically we are fine. Although the same result happens if you put in one at a time or two for us the time of waiting b/w cycles is too painful. Will probably go for 2 again but the best time to make this decision is on the day of the transfer when you find out the final quantity and quality of the embryo's. Hope this helps, good luck
Last edited by Rachael3; 21-05-2012 at 05:02.
21-05-2012 03:18 #6
Hard decision to make. Our first FET we transferred 2 & this resulted in my beautiful baby boy I have sleeping on me right now!
Like others have said, transferring 2 doesn't increase the chances of multiples hugely.
I hope you can reach a decision that both you and your partner are comfortable with xx
21-05-2012 05:07 #7
21-05-2012 09:06 #8Senior Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
Our FS suggested we have 2 transferred, and he's very well regarded in the community (warren de ambrosis). He based his opinion on the various factors surrounding my infertility. It goes to show that each FS is different
21-05-2012 11:16 #9
The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:
22-05-2012 21:43 #10
Thanks for all your opinions. I think all DH and I can do now is wait and see how we go, we can always change our mind right up until transfer so when the decision HAS to be made well make the right one. At the moment I think we're putting too much thought into it and the stress of making the right decision won't be helping
By niwanthi in forum IVFReplies: 13Last Post: 18-02-2013, 00:45
By eggstudy in forum Egg DonationReplies: 0Last Post: 13-10-2012, 11:40
By eggstudy in forum Research HelpReplies: 0Last Post: 13-10-2012, 11:38
Swim AustraliaSwim Australia are the leading learn-to-swim experts, and national swim school authority. With over 600 Registered Swim ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Would you delay TTC because first child is starting first year of school.General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Chickenpox after being immunised?Pro-Vaccination
Dr Antony Lighten - Appreciation threadpregnancy and babies through IVF
The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7General Chat
Egg Donation in South Africa #14Egg Donation
Same Sex Parents TTC #5Same Sex Parents
Pokemon go. Chat #2General Chat