+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    lumpy melon - I found this helpful (although Im still quite confused by the whole thing - thus the thread!)

http://ecocubs.com/information/types-of-cloth-nappies

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use pockets almost exclusively. I like that you can adjust the absorbency and change what you stuff them with depending on your needs. For example microfibre is great for quick drying but I also like to add bamboo to hold the wee in better for a toddler. I also like that you can separate the inserts and wash them separately if you have a stink issue. A hot wash on the inserts will solve that problem but you wouldn't want to wash your PUL too hot. I like the idea of AI2 but I don't think my DS feels as comfortable or dry as he does in a pocket where all that is next to his skin is lovely soft microsuade or fleece and no bunching or seams. Also if you buy more inserts you can save money like with the AI2 because the pockets dry faster than the inserts. I think pockets are just as easy for childcare as AIO and more versatile but AI2 might be a bit more tricky if you have to fold the inserts into place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm using mostly prefolds and covers with my newborn, but do have a couple of snap in itti bitti d'lish. My bub tends to poo every second day, so I use these on the non-poo days and just snap in new inserts for a wee. There is no way the cover would be reusable after his poos!!

Gro Via do a non-minky AI2 as well, think its called hybrid?

FearlessLeader is online now Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I use pockets, BBH magicalls. And cheapie ebay pockets for CC I think they're called Little Ripple. No matter what you use they are going to take a little while to dry where you are- up to 2-3 days sometimes. I dry mine in as much sun I can right way up to get the sun on the bit that cops the business so to speak, then I turn them inside out and they dry a bit quicker, usually a day each side. Then when i take them off the drying rack I stuff the pockets straight away.
    Don't send anything good to childcare, the cheapies I have are $5 each and aren't terribly absorbent but as CC changes DS every 2 hours minimum, that's fine. I send one with an extra insert for his nap so he doesn't wet through. We've had 5 go missing from CC, so yeah don't send good ones!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Melon View Post
    Oh great thread!

Can someone explain to me the difference between all of these?
    Pockets: You stuff the absorbent boosters into a pocket in the back of the nappy.
    AI2: You snap the absorbent boosters into the nappy shell. This means you can reuse the shell if bub has just weed and not soiled the nappy (you just swap the soakers for fresh ones).

Button - I'm not a huge fan of minky, although I have some in my stash. I think it's a bit weird. Most of my MCN's are smooths.

FearlessLeader is online now Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Minkys are soooooo cuuuuute! What's wrong with you people

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another smooth nappy fan. I prefer AIO's but they do take a while to dry.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    nah minkys aren't for me - they remind me of those awful blankets from the junk shops with lions and stuff on them.

but i can see its a love/hate thing, so wouldn't thing anything of anyone else who uses them and bubba still looks cute in them -just not my taste.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Minkys are soooooo cuuuuute! What's wrong with you people

Agreed! Most of my stash is minky's, I lurrrrve them

And all mine are pocket snaps, I can't stand Velcro in the washing machine and I love how quick pockets dry, only takes me a few extra seconds to reassemble after washing.
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 20-05-2012 at 18:43.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    nah minkys aren't for me - they remind me of those awful blankets from the junk shops with lions and stuff on them.

but i can see its a love/hate thing, so wouldn't thing anything of anyone else who uses them and bubba still looks cute in them -just not my taste.
    Ahh yes, they do look a bit like that!

Each to their own of course, but they are not my taste either. I have several minkies in my stash (some companies don't make smooth), but I waaaay prefer smooth.