+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Need new Carseat for 14m old. ?

Hi everyone

We were involved in a minor car accident today, that pushed in the front corner pannels of the car, and obviously, are now on the lookout for a new carseat for DS. Noone was injured. He is 14mnths old, and im guessing 12kgs (was just over 11kgs at 12mnths) so after a FF seat.

We currently have the Hipod Milan, and he is on the top strap height, but his shoulders are under the hole. The seat was purchased before the new height marking rulings came into effect, so cant comment on that - sorry!!
    I LOVE The fact that it has the hood to protect his head from the sun as it comes in quite strong through our back window (Sedan) and he wont wear hats.

What would you reccomend? He is our only child, we are hoping to TTC #2 at the end of this year sometime, hoping for a bub born late next year with around a 2.5yr age gap. All up we are thinking of 3 kids.

We still have his capsule for bub #2 when that happens.

Im trying to decide on whether we should:

** Purchase another Convertable Car seat now? When Bub #2 outgrows the capsule, move bub into this seat and purchase a Booster for DS.

** Purchase a FF car seat now? Would need to purchase a booster for DS down the track, and also a Convertable car seat for bub #2 when it outgrows the capsule.

** Purchase a Convertable Booster seat now? When bub #2 comes and outgrows the capsule, will need a Convertable Car seat for bub #2.

What would you suggest doing? And what seat would you suggest?? Cost isnt really an issue ATM because our insurance company said the cost will be covered in repairs.

Thanks!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd get a ff 5 point booster seat ie a maxi rider

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks We're going to check some out today, ill sit him in a few different ones and get the one i feel safest with

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would get a Safe and Sound Maxi Rider