+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Insensitive Men!

Need to vent as I can't get cranky at my OH till he gets home. I am 15 weeks pregnant and his two boys from a previous relationship are coming to visit this weekend (he is on his way home from collecting them now). We were planning on telling them this weekend about the baby. I texted him to find out what was happening with dinner and whatnot only to find out that he told the boys about the baby 5 mins before he called me! He told them without me! I am so upset! This is my first baby and I struggle to feel like a part of thier little family at the best of times and now he pulls this! Way to shove me right aside!
    I told him that I wished he had waited and he just laughed and said "I couldnt but its all good". He just doesnt get it. This could have been such a bonding family moment and he just stole it from me.

I am keeping in mind the hormones and part of me is wondering whether I am overreacting but I feel sad now. This meant alot to me and he doesnt even get why I would be less than thrilled about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Had you previously discussed telling them together??
    If so, well....yeah, I would be absolutely shattered to be honest. Your first baby is such a big deal and being a step mum is....um....hard (another word springs to mind and it looks like this ******).
    I'd be having a pretty serious chat about your feelings and how much you want to bond over this new baby with them.
    Good Luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everytime we discussed telling them it was always 'we' never, 'you' or 'i'. I am over having to spell out the obvious for people who dont take the time to think. I am defiantely going to talk to him.

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Do try to keep in mind that the man was soooooo excited about your pregnancy and soooooo thrilled about having a child with you that he couldn't keep it from his kids for even a few minutes. I struggle keeping my kids Christmas presents from them let alone a baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tildy View Post
    Everytime we discussed telling them it was always 'we' never, 'you' or 'i'. I am over having to spell out the obvious for people who dont take the time to think. I am defiantely going to talk to him.
    Lol he's male, sometimes you do need to spell it out for them
    No offense GFP!

Sorry he spoiled your news, I can understand why you would be upset.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do get that, but the thing is, he has been keeping it from the boys for 12 weeks so far so what is another couple of hours? Also. I have mentioned repeatedly how much I am dying to tell the boys. This was my news too, and now the moment is gone. Thier lovely little club of 3 remains and once again I am left on the outer. This is not a new feeling, I just didnt think he would be so selfish as to take this from me as well.