+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Well, I went to another shoe shop this afternoon and the sales lady was lovely. She fitted Mr 20 months, gave me a tissue because his nose was runny and I didn't have the hands to get my wipes out, showed me how to properly check his shoe size and gave me free insoles for the shoes we bought.

Pleasant change!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OMG RACHELL!
    I cannot believe that she said that to you!

I can let you know that as a former employee of BigW that:

1. A store manager won't be checking bags, that's more the counter manager job.

2. When searching bags, staff CANNOT touch your belongings.

3. It's never too late to complain even if it wasn't as horrific as what you went through.

4. Call the store manger and head office!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    I was refused assistance to carry a 35kg box out of Aldi today despite being 35 weeks pregnant with my 2 year old in tow.

My complaint letter (which I have to post because they don't have email...) is a corker.
    I saw this at my ALDI a few weeks ago,a lady wanted something and they told her to go get a trolley! Granted,she SHOULD have got a trolley if she wanted to buy heaps of stuff PLUS a 5kg vaccum.BUT Aldi service ****s me every fricken time!!
    I saw her as I was walking out kicking her vaccum box along the ground LOL.I called out to her if she needed a hand putting it in car but she denied me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Ooh that's my biggest bugbear with Myer! They just send staff anywhere. They don't even know what's in stock! I asked someone in kitchen appliances if they had a certain appliance in a certain brand, and he went and looked on the shelf and said 'nope doesn't look like it' the other problem is that in the women's department everything is run by concession stands, so if I want to buy something from country road and something from cue, I have to go to 2 different counters. why on earth wouldn't I just go to country road and cue, where the range is bigger, the shop and fitting rooms are nicer and generally the staff a lot nicer. There's no convenience in having all the brands together if you can't buy them all at once.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    I made a complaint to myer and got a call from the general manager of the Melbourne store because Someone from the cue concept area said it wasn't her job to sell me a different brand. Anyway I met with the GM and she said that from now on if anyone says that then they will get the sack from now on. And apparently it's true cause someone I know of who works there got the talk and they said a guy got the sack a few weeks ago for saying that. So my advice is to tell them if they won't serve you that you will take down there name and they will get the heave ho. The GM said if they want to only work for the concept then they shouldn't be working in myer

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsOC For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (18-05-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    I saw this at my ALDI a few weeks ago,a lady wanted something and they told her to go get a trolley! Granted,she SHOULD have got a trolley if she wanted to buy heaps of stuff PLUS a 5kg vaccum.BUT Aldi service ****s me every fricken time!!
    I saw her as I was walking out kicking her vaccum box along the ground LOL.I called out to her if she needed a hand putting it in car but she denied me
    Yeah, it is so annoying. I know they say that is one of the ways they keep their costs down but when it puts people at risk of hurting themselves it is going a bit far. I bought some kids play equipment and had to go to my car, get the ergo to put dd on my back, go back to the store, leave my license to borrow their big trolley, go and fight to get the huge box in the car, then go and return the trolley and get my license back. I once bought a $17 book case in coles and they had a staff member carry it out to my car....at the other end of the shopping centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubby and I went to Myers to spend my $500 voucher I got when I bought my new car (thanks Hyundai!!) and after going from floor to floor looking for a counter that was attended so I could pay for the stuff we finally found a lady standing at a counter filling in paper work. I put the stuff on the counter and she didn't move, just kept writing - fine, I get that it's not always possible to stop right away, but we waited and waited and waited.... I shuffled my stuff to try and get her attention, nothing! So I said hello, again nothing, so I said excuse me and she still kept writing, no acknowledgement no nothing, so hubby who is the worlds most politically incorrect person says "excuse me lady, we want to spend some money" to which she looked down her nose over top of her glasses (my pet hate) and said, "I'm busy"
    Hubbies temper then kicked in and said "are you f&@$en kidding me" and she just kept on writing, all of a sudden this Asian lady comes out of no where and pushes between me and the counter and old b!tch t!ts pits her pen down and starts scanning her items - turns out she had gone to change something over, but how hard was it for the old cow to just say "sorry guys I'm just busy with another customer at the moment but it shouldnt be to long" instead of ignoring us??
    Needless to say my $500 voucher is still in my wallet and expires in August
    I am a huge fan of online shopping, have been doing it for years, do much cheaper and I don't mind waiting for things to arrive, in fact it's like having a weekly Christmas
    Last edited by siege; 18-05-2012 at 19:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siege View Post
    Beardless to say my $500 voucher is still in my wallet and expires in August
    Just have to giggle at the autocorrect

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissWinter For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (18-05-2012),T 800  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWinter View Post
    Just have to giggle at the autocorrect

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Lol!! Geez you were quick, I was just fixing it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    OMG RACHELL!
    I cannot believe that she said that to you!

I can let you know that as a former employee of BigW that:

1. A store manager won't be checking bags, that's more the counter manager job.

2. When searching bags, staff CANNOT touch your belongings.

3. It's never too late to complain even if it wasn't as horrific as what you went through.

4. Call the store manger and head office!
    The only reason I *think* she is a manager is because I was in there once and was having problems returning something that was damaged, I asked to speak to the manger and the lady in question came over. She said she was the store manager and I pretty much had no choice but to deal with her *cringe*

So she might be a counter manager and just on some type of power trip, I didn't know there was even a difference.

She quite often checks bags but neve stands at the front, she will talk at the service desk and when someone goes to walk out... BAM!.. She is pouncing on you!!
    I know there not allowed to touch any of your belongings ect (I have works in retail to) but I just can't explaine it.. She make you feel like you can't speak up or say anything to her..

Like I said before I have friends that have had Run-Ins with her and they havnt complained.. My Dh has had a run in with her too over a broken blender and he said she was rude ect..
    I will sit down tomorrow and try and come up with a letter of complaint to head office
    Then I might tell my friends who have come across her warpath to also consider writing a letter of complaint.

I'm still to this day upset over why she said about my daughter skin
    I'm well awear eczema flare ups are not a pretty sight.. But that was my daughter.. A child she was taking about.. She is there to do her job not to be the b!tch every one talks and complains about at mothers group.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The fact its still affecting you this long after is a good indication that it was more than just poor service. It has affected more than just your opinion on that person or store. I'd write a complaint but I'd also be personally having something to say to that horrid woman and while your there you can get her name for your complaint letter!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub