ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    A lot of attention seeking stuff. Swearing so the teacher can hear, licking other kids or taking there stuff. Aggressive behaviour. The teacher said he will do anything for attention and if you try to ignore it he will escalate the behaviour until he can't be ignored.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Why don't you go to your GP and ask for a referral to a counsellor who can help to teach him positive ways of getting attention and if there is anything wrong they can generally identify it (could help to get him in dr faster).

My friend's son was acting out the same way, he got so frustrated because he wasn't understanding what the teachers were telling him. He ended up going to a special class for a while and being re-taught the basics again and now he's fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Take him to a child psychologist. Get a mental health treatment plan from your gp so it doesn't cost as much. Shop around till you find one with a short wait time. Tbh paeds aren't usually experts in brain and behavioural stuff, you are much better seeing someone whose area of expertise it is, then getting the paed to sign off on it if need be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twotrunks View Post
    Take him to a child psychologist. Get a mental health treatment plan from your gp so it doesn't cost as much. Shop around till you find one with a short wait time. Tbh paeds aren't usually experts in brain and behavioural stuff, you are much better seeing someone whose area of expertise it is, then getting the paed to sign off on it if need be.
    Thats exactly what we have done so thank you. It makes me feel better to hear others suggesting the same thing. I am questioning myself so much at the moment I didn't know if I was doing the right thing. I wish I had more confidence with being a mum but I can't help but question what I've done to make him like this. His teacher says she believes something has happened to make him like this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry, but I think you're a fabulous mum! Any mum that takes the time to actually notice who their child is not who they think they are or who they want them to be wins mum of the year in my books! Too often parenting is done from a distance and the kids are definitely not neglected in anyway but they aren't noticed for the individual's they are.
    The very fact you have listened, noticed and taken measures to help and make a positive change in your child's life should be applauded! Please don't feel like a failure!

I should add this comes from my DHs story in that he had a 'great' upbringing, parents loving and together great home always plenty of food and toys private school etc etc. yet when he started failing at school no one took notice or thought hang on this A kid is now a D/F kid what's going on. It wasn't until he was into his 20s and I met him and said umm u can get help for this that anything was done - so many wasted years!

Just wanted to make sure u know ur doing a great job! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipsicle View Post
    I'm sorry, but I think you're a fabulous mum! Any mum that takes the time to actually notice who their child is not who they think they are or who they want them to be wins mum of the year in my books! Too often parenting is done from a distance and the kids are definitely not neglected in anyway but they aren't noticed for the individual's they are.
    The very fact you have listened, noticed and taken measures to help and make a positive change in your child's life should be applauded! Please don't feel like a failure!

I should add this comes from my DHs story in that he had a 'great' upbringing, parents loving and together great home always plenty of food and toys private school etc etc. yet when he started failing at school no one took notice or thought hang on this A kid is now a D/F kid what's going on. It wasn't until he was into his 20s and I met him and said umm u can get help for this that anything was done - so many wasted years!

Just wanted to make sure u know ur doing a great job! X
    Thanks Pipsicle. I spend a lot of my time as a parent questioning what I do. There are some parents I know that are so confident with their parenting skills. I worry about what everyone thinks of me all the time. I don't think I would do it if there wasn't something going on with DS. But because there is I feel like people are looking at me as the what not to do. I really appreciate everyone's encouragement. It's also nice to know there are other parents dealing with similar stuff to DS. Especially because people are telling me they've never seen behaviour like this before.