+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    About 6 years ago I wanted to get blonde undernearth my naturally brown hair (don't know why, it must have been cool at the time ha) and the hairdresser agreed, thought it would look great, should be easy etc. Instead of blonde it went orange, not just ginger, full blown bright fluro orange. And it wasn't undearneath, it was in big blocks. Looked so horrible. I paid a fortune for it too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What has been your worst experience at the hairdresser?

Wont go into to much detail but long story short half my hair was cut close to scalp and unevenly when it wasnt even ment to be cut. 2yrs later its still horrible and recovering

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know this is an old thread but I shouldn't of read it :/ getting my hair done tonight for the first time in 7 months or 8 months and trying a new hair dresser.

I'm really nervous now :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I shouldn't of read it :/ getting my hair done tonight for the first time in 7 months or 8 months and trying a new hair dresser.

I'm really nervous now :/
    don't be nervous, a change is good if you're too scared, how about just trimming up and highlights close to your natural colour and go from there..?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Back when I was a teen my sil convinced me to get blond streaks...they ended up grey and I was called 'granny' at high school.
    Just last week (I rarely get my hair cut and usually always just wear it back) I decided to get V layers...they are uneven then she thinned my hair out as it's very thick...I know have less than half my hair left, not impressed!!! lol
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 22-04-2013 at 23:46.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    don't be nervous, a change is good if you're too scared, how about just trimming up and highlights close to your natural colour and go from there..?
    Thank you!! she ended up doing an awesome job! And yeah I'm so happy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Worst was just after I moved to Australia! Had an awesome hairdresser back home, only 100$ to get full head of foils and cut. She got my hair from black (dyed) to quite blonde. Needed my hair done here, firstly the new hair dresser wouldn't keep it as blonde as it was, as she said it would be too expensive for me to keep it blonde as I was a Uni student. So she put ash blonde through my very blonde hair. Was at Uni later that day, and another guy in my lab asked why my hair was blue! The whole back had gone blue!! Not even pale blue, it looked like I had coloured my hair in.. $400 dollars it cost too! Wouldn't cut me a fringe either due to the cost of getting someone to keep cutting it!

Ended up flying home a week later, and having my hair dresser in nz fix it up! Cost me less, including my flights than the original cut and colour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nothing too terrifying, but my regular hairdresser was on maternity leave, so I just got stuck with some random. When asked to do my fringe... she did something that pretty much resembled this:

http://www.morefashionable.com/wp-co...hort-Bangs.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had just broken up with my boyfriend an went for a new look and bought a hair and beauty package. Went for the hair appointment and had pretty long hair. I asked for something funky but keep the length and a new colour. He said hair would be at bra line and showed me and I agreed. Next minute he puts my hair in a ponytail and cut it off! And then cut more because of course it was friggin uneven. Dyed it dark brown and with no shape. Looked like a middle aged woman in my early twenties. Looked miserable and he asked what was wrong, I told him I didn't like it and he said " but did you se what you looked like when you walked in?"

I had words to describe him that's for sure, never went to claim rest of the beauty package, was frightened what they would do to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was at uni, I went to the hairdresser on campus for my usual blonde foils. A few minutes after applying the hydrogen peroxide, my head got really warm and started stinging. I said to the girl hat it was starting to hurt. She said 'yeah, it can sting a bit, especially if you've never had it before'. I said that I got foils all the time and it has never hurt before. A few more minutes, and the pain was agonising, I screamed it her to get it off. She washed it out and I had terrible chemical burns on my scalp and some of my hair had fallen out. The burns were so deep and wide I could put my fingertips in them. They charged me full price and because I was only 17, I never went back and complained.

A friend of a friend was a hairdresser and over a few weeks coloured my hair from dark brown to platinum blonde. He failed to mention that dying your hair blonde also ruins it. All my hair became brittle and snapped off. I went from having beautiful, thick curly hair to a mangy frizzy mess. Four years later and the last of the blonde has finally grown out and I will never colour my hair again.