ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes he can and does cook. He is good at it too.
    The trouble i have with DH cooking is he is so slow, it literally takes him 2 hours to cook something that would take me 1/2 an hour. He spends forever cutting vegetables, it drives me crazy. He can only cook dinner if he has a day off work as he needs to start early if we are to have dinner at a reasonable time.
    He is good at pancakes/eggs in the morning. He doesn't take as long to make those
    DD also informs me he makes the best chocolate biscuits ever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH cooks once a week ish... Usually simple things such as BBQ, tacos/fajitas, salad etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to admit my dh is a better cook then me he cooks at least 2-3 times a week

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Lol why does it take some men forever to do things? Thats my dh too, takes him two hours the wash up! May as well do it myself!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

MothersMilk  (16-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Df knows how to, but I generally prefer to as he doesn't do things the way I like to. he will just throw it all in the pan, doesn't worry about sautéed onion or anything like that. Its also a case of I still have to think about what's for dinner and make sure everything is there for it... To me the cooking part is the easy part!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Whatttt! If dh was a chef, oh my lordy, id be expecting gourmet meals every night!!!!!!
    Lol, I wish!
    He's at work most nights so when he is actually home for tea I do the cooking and he spends time bathing and reading to the kids... He does usually do the clean up though :-)

Eta - bathing the kids that is. Just reread and thought it sounded like he bathes on his nights off. He does everynight of course ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I get toasted ham/cheese/tomato/mushroom sandwiches once a week on DH's cooking night. Yep it's not exactly a healthy balanced meal but hey, it's one night a week less I have to cook!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH can cook and is actually a very good cook. He enjoys cooking which helps. Does he cook? Not very often. By the time he gets home from work it's too late so I cook dinner every night. He offers to cook almost every weekend and I usually say no because I quite like cooking myself :-)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    He can but I don't normally let him, he tends to cook off things like sausages in gravy with pasta *barf* and he tends to ask me 50 questions even when cooking tacos I just prefer to do it, it works for us better, he tends the kids while I cook and who ever doesn't shower with all 3 kids after cleans up. He does do an awesome scrambled eggs though so that's his job, he also does pancakes better than me I don't mind at all we both have our strong suits his just isn't in the kitchen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH is good with the BBQ and cooking breakfast and can follow a recipe, but he lacks prep and planning skills. So he'll cook sausages and then when they're ready he'll think about what we'll eat them with and start peeling potatoes... Nothing is ever ready and warm at the same time and more often than not he'll "forget" to include anything green in the meal...