+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yep I've been waking up at 5 and getting home at 6 for the past 4 years really so I'm used to it now

I make sure I have breakfast normally weetbox as it's quick or an up and go if desperate although not the best for you or a banana.

have a healthy lunch with some protein ( chicken, tuna etc) and lots of veggies/ salad/ fruit. limit sugar etc as it just males you tired when it wears out. snack on nuts and fruit/ veg sticks during day and drink lots of water
    I also take a multivitamin as I work with kids so always sick.

I also have been walking half hour in afternoons if I'm home before it's dark as it gives you a burst of energy ad is healthy for you too!

don't sit on couch as that just makes me more tired around 6pm so I usually try and be up making dinner, folding clothes etc before I retire to the couch around 7 and in bed by 8-9. I never sit on couch before 7 now otherwise I feel tired

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can relate, I wake up at 4am start work at 5am and finish at 5.30pm!!

My hints - loads of water during the day but cut it down late arvo (so your not waking up to go to the loo and breaking your sleep) and bed early, Im in bed most nights by 7pm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was thinking of iron tablets too, or multivitamins at the very least. Try slowly introducing breakfast as that really sets you up for the rest of the day. Maybe try Up and Go until you can tolerate eating so early.

I would also do 20 minutes of cleaning a day and that's it! If you stick to this, there should be no need to be a slave to the home ever. I would also try and prepare dinner as soon as you get home.

Try and eat pretty healthy and drink lots of water throughout the day, but agree with PP that said limit the amount from early arvo so you won't be up all night going to the loo.

Go to bed as soon as you can to rest your body as much as possible. It would suck big time getting up so early in winter, massive hugs...

Goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I felt my tiredness come on about 10am today. I didnt get a chance to have morning tea but just had some filling salad sandwiches for lunch as only on my lunch break now.

This afternoon i will be kept busy as i have invited coops friend over to keep me busy.

I was in bed quite early last night which was good as coop was out having a sleepover with a friend so i had an uninterrupted sleep and i am off work til friday afternoon which will be nice.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    your body needs time to adjust to a new routine.
    Have the same bed time everynight even weekends. Have some quiet wind down time before bedtime. Get up the same time everyday even weekends.
    Make sure you dont over sleep. 7-8 hours solid, quality sleep each night is perfect.
    Dont skip meals.
    If you have to nap, set an alarm for 20mins MAX.

I found this helpful when i went rom a 8am-5pm job to a 5am-1.30pm job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Steak. My doctor once prescribed me to have steak, tuna and eggs three times a day as well as a good multivitamin and drink oj. Orange Juice helps the body take on iron and iron is what our body uses to create energy. Steak Eggs and tuna are loaded with iron but without the oj your body may not be getting the benefit of it. I was taking Ferograd C. It's an iron vitamin that has vit c in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like others have said, iron may help. I know it's not the same, but my last pregnancy I felt like it was a major effort to lift my arms from my sides. I started on ferrograd c and felt loads better. Might be worth a try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by natct View Post
    Steak. My doctor once prescribed me to have steak, tuna and eggs three times a day as well as a good multivitamin and drink oj. Orange Juice helps the body take on iron and iron is what our body uses to create energy. Steak Eggs and tuna are loaded with iron but without the oj your body may not be getting the benefit of it. I was taking Ferograd C. It's an iron vitamin that has vit c in it.
    I might start buying strak to eat even just once a week and boil some eggs for each day for something quick to eat.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are you eating enough and the right foods? I've been out on teaching rounds and I've found my energy really dropping, so I started eating more and I feel a lot better. Nut Bars have been my saviour, the prolonged energy from them really helps me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, you could quite likely need some iron, but don't take it without getting your iron levels checked first. Otherwise, you might end up with too much iron which can actually make you feel just as bad as not enough. Dietry sources are much better in the long run.

Exercise is indeed a great way to gain energy, but be careful with this if you are not used to doing much. Start slowing and build up.

If you are having trouble falling asleep at night, this method takes time, but works very well:
    - On the first night go to bed at a time when you are guaranteed to fall asleep quickly.
    - After 2-3 nights of falling asleep right away, bring your bed time forward by 15 minutes.
    - When you are falling asleep within a reasonable amount of time bring your bedtime forward by another 15 mintues.
    - Repeat until you have your desired bedtime.
    It takes time, but it works really well.

Diet can not be understimated.

Here are my diet tips:
    - Eat at the same time (give or take half an hour) each day
    - Have 3 small meals + 3 snacks
    - Eliminate preservatives and additives as much as possible. They can add additional strain to a tired body.
    - No alcohol or caffiene
    - Avoid refined sugar like the plague, really messes with energy
    - Lots of water

I am recovering from chronic fatigue syndrome and these are just some of the things I have done.

Believe me when I say you do not want to end up with cfs. It's more than just being tired, it's like having a full blown flu 24 hours a day, plus neurological stuff.

PM me if you want to chat more, or if you want the full details of what I have done.

Look after yourself sweetie.