Ok I'm expecting no replies but I'm desperate.
My mum had a recipe from a Greek lady and it was for a awesome coffee gateau. But unfortunately my mum has taken the recipe to the grave
But I'm desperate to find and make it .
All I remember it was a lot of coffee cream (not a sponge cake) with those big finger biscuits thing. And my mum put apricots on top.
Any recipes or ideas would be fantastic
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
14-05-2012 18:28 #1Gday Australia
- Join Date
- Oct 2005
Greek coffee gateau recipe
14-05-2012 18:43 #2
I can't help you sorry but just the name sounds delish!!
14-05-2012 20:04 #3Senior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
It sort of sounds like Tiramisu?
Here is a well worn recipe from my mum:
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup strong black coffee, freshly made
6 Tbsp. Marsala or kahlua
Approx. 16 Savoiardi lady finger cookies
3 fresh eggs, separated
pinch of nutmeg
1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- Spoon half of the sugar to the coffee and stir until dissolved. Add the Marsala or coffee kahlua
- Dip half the lady fingers in the coffee & kahlua mixture and arrange in the base of a serving dish or use a springform pan and line around the outside, standing up.
- Beat the egg yolks and nutmeg with the remaining sugar until the mixture has thickened, then stir in the Mascarpone.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold the Mascarpone mixture into the egg whites. Spoon half over the lady fingers and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Dip the remaining lady fingers in the reamining coffee & Marsala mixture and arrange in the dish. Yop with remanining Mascarpone mixture and smooth the top.
- Let it chill overnight for the flavours to marry. Before serving, sprinkle with grated chocolate and a dusting of cocoa powder.
Cryosite Family Cord Blood & Tissue BankCryosite has been providing Cord Blood Banking services for over 14 years, and is the trusted choice of Australian ...
LATESTWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at homeGuide to government family benefit payments
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Would you breastfeed in public?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7General Chat
IVF babies due June/July/August 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Financial advisor or accountant?Family Finances
How long would you leave your 8 (almost 9) year old at home alone?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Help with baby names please!Choosing Baby Names
IVF babies due March/April/May 2017#2pregnancy and babies through IVF
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
A - Z of Baby Boy NamesGames & fun stuff