ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Not so nice mother's day lunch. grrrrr.

Went out with the family to a Turkish restaurant in Brisbane today for lunch..... we give our order of drinks first.... then our order of food.... the lady says ''ýes, yes'''.... and nods her head without writing anything down.... 30 mins later no drinks... we ask again. get them. ask ask where our food is.... (mind you there were not more than 25-30 ppl at the whole restaurant).. we get one meal and it was completely wrong. we send it back. and repeat our order to someone else who DOES write it down.... I ordered the same as my mum.... so two plates of the same thing... we wait another 25 mins, get 3 meals... then wait another 20 mins before I ask where is my plate, and the kids nuggets and chips...?? Lady goes away, dumps nuggets and chips on table with no ''so sorry it's so late'', nothing, nor do i get my plate. I wait another 20 mins. everyone else has finished eating their food. my kids refused the nuggets and chips cos by then they were overtired, cranky and didn't even want to eat. so nice waste of that!!! 3 more times, I ask for my food, and the response is ""yes it's coming""... 15 mins later we even have an argument in the end and they come out with "" you didn't order a plate?!!!!!!!"WHY WOULD I NOT ORDER A BL**DY PLATE?? WHO GOES TO A RESTAURANT AND ORDERS NOTHING? Did I NOT ask for my food a number of times to be told it's coming and then ""you didn't order a plate?""

Then the lady has the audacity to say ""well we won't charge you for the missing plate of food""... well YES, EXACTLY, WHY WOULD I PAY FOR SOMETHING I NEVER GOT?!!! Totally disgusted with this. NEVER going back there again. Yes, they have great food, but everytime we have been there, you have to constantly ask for things again and again.... and today was the worst of all. came home to eat toast for lunch. far out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    oh wow sounds shocking ! I went to a place like that at south bank once and had to ask multiple tomes were my food was- finally ended up getting a plate of battered prawns, I ordered battered fish :|

Thanks
    Reviews
    totally crap..call up tomorrow and complain (you never know you may get a free meal from it ...if it ever arrives)....

I hate places like that!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was the one at Boondall.... but i have heard similar things at the one at South Bank.. Unfortunately it was the manager we spoke with in the end.... she was the one who took our order to begin with and the one who said they won't charge me for the plate... well der... i didn't get it. why should i pay for it. LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like one of the pubs in my town. It's always fun to guess who won't get their meal. One time they weren't even going to refund the missing meal (pay when you order deal).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Agh, I hate when that happens, so frustrating and especially on a day where you're looking forward to a lovely meal with the family. I too would have been miffed that you weren't given any courtesy when you made a genuine complaint. If I were you, I would ring up tomorrow (it won't be as busy as today) when they're more likely to be receptive to listening and tell them exactly as you have told here. Most reatsuarants have that little saying where if you 'like them, they want you to tell everybody', but if you don't, they want you to tell them'.

Even if you get nothing physical out of it (a free meal etc) at least you've had a chance to properly get them to listen and acknowledge it wasn't good enough (with a bit of luck). If it's the one at Southbank, I agree, they do have yummy food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow how stupid! think I know the one you mean ( only Turkish restaurant at boondall haha )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oops, posted at the same time, just read it wasn't the Southbank one. If it was the Manager you spoke to, I would still ring and tell her (and if you get no joy), tell her you have LOT'S of foodie friends who you won't be recommending her restaurant to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Write a review on the restaurant so others can be warned. I would have walked out and left behind what I thought was a fair amount of money and gone to maccas and had a laugh. I'm sure your not laughing though. I would be so angry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh wow, how sucky. I wouldnt ever go back esp if its been like that previously.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub