+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dannielle, I personally have a Subaru impreza which I love, but the parts are expensive, and it's expensive to service. I drive an i30 for work, and I love it...very nice to drive, fuel efficient, small but not tiny...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We love Holdens. I have owned 2 commodores, my latest is a 2008 model. And my first car was a near new Barina. We always maintain our cars, regular services etc, and to be honest, I have had not one single problem with any if them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We used to always have Fords and had nothing but trouble with them. Then we had a car accident in the last one and got a Holden because the Ford was written off. We've had no major issues and we havn't been to the mechanic in ages. When we had the Fords we were always at a mechanic or like Repco or somewhere like that.
    Plus we find the Holdens more fuel efficient.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannielle View Post
    Ok, too scared to even think of a Holden now LOL. Sure maybe we could get a good one but way too many bad ones and this would be our first NEW car and we want it to last forever or as close to forever as we can get. LOL Or maybe we will do near new now.

That's another one I was thinking of but yet to see one in person. Or maybe the i30.

I didn't know that. Wow! Yeah want something smallish but not too small as we have 3 kids. Smallish so we can get as new as possible but not too small. No car seats though at least I don't think so but depends on how DD2 (little 8.5yr old) sits in the car.
    Go for a Toyota corolla or Mazda 3 then. You can't lose with those 2.
    Great on fuel, no mechanical issues, cheap parts etc.
    Alternatively a Honda jazz - more roomy inside then you would think.

I stay away from holdens, they are not all bad and the very old models are good but I'm not one for risks when it comes to having to fork out $$$ for repairs.
    Im also not a fan of Fords. I stick with the Japanese when it comes to cars...and food.. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another bad Holden experience! I have an Astra and its just problem after problem - ill never buy Holden again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I bought a brand new barina a few years back. It had so many issues. It was forever at holden having some sort of warranty work done.
    I guess the only upside was that holden were always happy to fix any issues.

As for those recommending the i30, I say stay away from them. I bought one brand new. It's had a lot of issues. Biggest issue being that the gearbox died just after the 60k km service. Hyundai are horrible about it too. I went 5 weeks without my car, I got it back and the gearbox was still stuffed. They slugged me for the hire car they provided me with. They dealt with the whole issue in an appauling manner.
    Other issues the car has had is dodgy seat belts that fail to latch, won't start for no reason, central locking not working, service staff breaking pieces while servicing and not replacing them, it's had issues with the throttle actuator (whatever that is). Thats to name a few.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had my commodore (VZ 2006) for 4 years and it's been great. I've had no big issues.. The only annoying thing was having to get a new key which was $160 :-/

A friend bought a brand new barina last at the beginning of 2011 and has had nothing but trouble with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH is driving me nuts. He read the replies and says see they aren't all bad and yeah well he did know some commodores had problems but we aren't looking at a commodore. Then he argues that if its brand new it wont have problems because why would they make them otherwise. Grrr But I'm scared of Holden's now and knowing my luck if we did we would get a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Go for a Toyota corolla or Mazda 3 then. You can't lose with those 2.
    Great on fuel, no mechanical issues, cheap parts etc.
    Alternatively a Honda jazz - more roomy inside then you would think.

I stay away from holdens, they are not all bad and the very old models are good but I'm not one for risks when it comes to having to fork out $$$ for repairs.
    Im also not a fan of Fords. I stick with the Japanese when it comes to cars...and food.. Lol
    Japanese cars and food LOL
    Maybe I should stick with Japanese. I have had 2x Honda and a Mazda. Oh, and a Nissan.

I thought the Honda Jazz was really teeny?

I really do like Toyota Corolla's. Wish I could do a new Corolla but need cheaper. Now I'm wondering if we would be better off with an older Toyota Corolla but DH wanted new. That's why he wanted me to look at the Holdens as they are so cheap. Hmmm wonder if the Yaris Sedans are too small.

DH just see's the price and says that will do. No DH it wont if it's not reliable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a commodore and love it, I have heard Barinas are really bad though ( I work for a large organization that has a fleet inc a mechanic dept - they call the barinas bump bump)
    Our organization has switched to the I30'. They are good little cars and very fuel efficient

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The Honda Jazz was small, but seems massive on the inside. Honda have a great skill at that!

I didn't realise you had no car seats. In that case, I'd go a Mazda 3 like I have. It comfortably fits 3 in the back and Mazda's really are the best.

DPs dad will only buy Japanese or European cars. He helped us choose the Mazda 3, and reckons Mazda's are up there in the best cars.

Not to mention you can get a new Mazda 3 from $22k...