+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy and Stress

I currently work as a PA for a surgeon. I am 13 weeks pregnant and already feeling the pressure and stress of work. Usually I would suck it up and get on with it but I am worried how the stress may be affecting the baby. At the moment I cannot stand talking to people. I immediately feel angry and frustrated with patients and other people here at work BUT of course, in customer service, I cannot show this emotion so I am bottling it all up and feeling like I want to explode.

I want to take a sick day but I am so worried about how people will cope if I am not at work and if I dont come in one day it means things are left for me to do when I come back to work anyway so I think what's the point if I am going to have to come back to a pile of stress.

I am feeling really aggitated and am being really short with my boss who is being quite patient. I dont feel like I can be totally honest with my boss because he has a practice to run and he has got a lot of things going on himself and I dont know that he really thinks about how stressed I could potentially be and I doubt he would even think about how I am coping because, quite frankly, he is so self consumed and it's all about his problems and stresses. He would NEVER offer me to have a day off because he would be worried about his practice and who will answer the phone. It's really hard being in a job where someone is so reliant on you. I honestly feel I dont have a choice but need to be there.

I am getting to the point though where I am being rude to people because I dont want to be at work and I am so stressed out of my mind. I told my husband I want a holiday but he is so worried about taking the time off now because he wants to wait until the baby comes and he hasn't asked his boss if they do paternity leave so I basically feel like I am stuck in a rock and a hard place.
    I do have an assistant who helps me out but she also works for another surgeon so her time needs to be shared and I give her all I can give her.

Thanks for letting me vent. I do just want to get on with things and I don't want to stress my husband out either. He has been so SO great and I am worried if I stress too much he will feel stressed and I will just sound like a whinging person.
    Last edited by Yopreg; 10-05-2012 at 12:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i couldn't read and not post. totally feel for you!
    is it affordable at all to resign or bump down to part time? xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Huni&Coco. Unfortunately that is not an option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel for you. I am currently a SAHM but when I was working I used to have issues with stress and it was tough. I found when I was pregnant I would try to think about the baby when I was at work, let my mind wander and day dream about how much I was looking forward to being a mum and that seemed to help. Would it be possible to have a weekend away to take your mind off things?

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh no i hope some of the other ladies have some suggestions for you!