+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Is your second baby similar to your first? Or completely different?

DD was/is a challenging baby sometimes. Currently she's refusing to eat solids (she's 9mo) and is going through the whole separation anxiety thing. Nothing seems to come easily, every stage has been a challenge - I certainly wouldn't say she's a chilled baby! I think she gets her impatience and stubbornness from me lol.

So we're considering a second baby but I'm curious to know if I'm likely to have a repeat of DD!

Was your second totally different? Exactly the same??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my 2 DD's are totally different.

DD1 was a struggle as a small baby but once she hit 6-7mths she got mobile and got happy and slept wonderfully so from then we coasted along.

DD2 was a fussy newborn, happy baby but is now a massive handful of toddler tantrums that seem to never end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Polar opposites!

They say every child is completely different, so I'll be interested to see what my third will be like!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing! DD is.... How can I put it.............spirited, to say the least lol!
    We plan on TTC no. 2 in a few months and if the next is like DD then I think we'll def be stopping at 2!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So far 24 weeks into pregnancy #2 is completely different! Everything has been completely opposite, from weight gain, to morning sickness/nausea, to cravings, to bubs coperation during ultrasounds. So will defintely be interesting when she arrives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Total opposites.
    DD1 was a nightmare, always cried, never slept, always needed to be attached to me, still the the same now at 4yo bar the non-sleeping.
    DD2 was a lot easier. Slept beautifully, was a lot more independent and chilled out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Completely different pregnancies, similar but different babies and absoulete opposites as toddlers!

All in good ways though, both my boys were great sleepers/feeders, never had any allergies and were generally just easy babies. DS1 was more clingy, calm and sensitive, he took a while to teach milstones, where as DS2 is a stubborn independent child, excelled all of his milestones and was the more the "spirited" child. They are 4 and 2 now, and they are similar in ways, but have their own personalities, DS1 is still the more sensitive child and DS2 the more rough, spirited child, they can both be a handful though!

I'm due with #3 in 22weeks, interested to see how he will compare to his big brothers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundleoflove View Post
    So far 24 weeks into pregnancy #2 is completely different! Everything has been completely opposite, from weight gain, to morning sickness/nausea, to cravings, to bubs coperation during ultrasounds. So will defintely be interesting when she arrives.
    Same as this! I even commented yesterday that I think my body was playing tricks on me the first time, i knew it couldnt of been that easy! So I will interested when he/she comes along to see if they are like DS who I had an easy pregnancy, labour and hes a pretty cruisey kid too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have three totally different boys! First was the most chilled out baby, slept through at 6 weeks and never cried at all unless he was sick. Ds2 didn't sleep at all, had lots of crying periods and still does, but has a very happy strong little personality. Ds3 is only 5 months so we're still figuring him out he is pretty chilled, has a very funny lil personality and a very cheeky streak. Is happy as long as he can see people.

I am also one of three and dad always said to me you wont believe how the children you make together can be so totally different. My brother sister and I are all totally different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine are totally different. DS1 was unsettled as a baby during the day, was adventurous, spirited and had a few tantrums- he was early to talk, walk and learn everything and now excels at school. DS2 is so placid, agreeable, not adventurous at all and generally less challenging as a parent in the early years. He is slower to his milestones. Has never cried, and wouldnt know what a tantrum was. Totally different personalities, but both kind and loving