+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think it's both. A relationship needs to be based on mutual respect, communication etc. But if the connection isn't there, then I think it's harder to do the above over a long period of time.

As I said, I don't believe in the notion of one soul mate. But I do believe you can love someone and not have that special connection. I had my first love at 16, even moved in with him so it was real love, not kiddie crush stuff. I def loved him, but I didn't know until I got with DH that we lacked that special something.

edit to add: I don't believe in cosmic stuff. Just that you only find a couple, maybe one person in your lifetime where there is just 'something' totally special above love.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't believe in cosmical stuff either, nor do I even believe in a soul per se. Until I met DP I didn't believe in soulmates (although had a girlfriend in my teens-early 20s who came really close). But now I do. The connection was instant, it's not work, there's nothing difficult about it. I feel at peace when I'm with him. It's more than just mutual respect I feel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    or do the people who believe in soul mates believe in a cosmic/ divine plan that they were meant to be together?
    pretty much yep. Or at least meant to have crossed paths with that person for a very important part of their growth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So it seems like when people say they believe in soul mates, they mean 1 of 2 different things.

1) They believe in a rare and special connection that feels like something more than love/ connections they have felt in the past.

2) They believe that they were destined to be with/ know that person, as part of a cosmic/ divine plan, or as a result of past lives.

I believe in the first of those 2, but my understanding of 'soul mates' had been that it meant more like the 2nd.

I do believe in a rare and special connection. But I don't believe it to be mystical. Just awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I do believe that people come into our life for a reason, some teach us a lesson we needed to learn or help us through a particular part of our life, some come into life for a very short time and others for a longer time but they all play an important part in our life. I believe that certain people connect with others on a deeper level, in a way i can't explain well - like you just 'get' each other and feel instantly comfortable and understanding of each other. I believe this connection can be with a lover, a friend, a partner, anyone.
    Is this soulmates? I'm not sure but i lean towards yes.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't believe in a divine plan, otherwise I would like to have a lengthy discussion with the one that devised my plan...

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I dont think i believe in soul mates?

I dont know what one really is, but if its about true connection. Then my sons are my soul mates. We are linked forever, and i truly get them, i know them better than i know myself. And i love them more than i thought i could ever possibly love.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    I don't believe in a divine plan, otherwise I would like to have a lengthy discussion with the one that devised my plan...
    Yep that's exactly why I don't believe that it's mystical. In order for them to be meant for you in that type of sense there would have to be something divine controlling it, and I don't believe that's the case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Huni&Coco View Post
    Im not sure if i believe in soul mates specifically... but my dh and i were definitely made for each other. and being from different countries i think its amazing that we found each other.
    op. i believe there is someone out there for you.
    This. DH and I were meant to be. The fact that he moved to my tiny country town from NZ only proves it. We've been together 18 months and married for three.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The word mystical sounds a bit silly I wouldn't use that. Not really sure what word for it and to me a soulmate certainly doesn't always have a happy fairytale ending, for me one was a strong connection that ended in a lot of heartache but it was meant to be because there were things I needed to learn. That is/was part of my life plan.