+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I had a c-section in January and bub was put on me for skin to skin time once he had been checked over (which only took a few minutes). They moved him off me when they moved me off operating table (and DH got a cuddle) and back onto a bed and skin to skin continued in recovery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had 3 c sections and with my last 2 I had a lovely skin to skin feed and cuddle in recovery. Was lovely, they had the lights dimmed and warm blankets for us. With bub 1 I didn't get the chance as I wasn't well.

This was a private hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hospital would have let me straight away but I was a bit shakey so was too scared to hold her while I was being stiched up. Once they moved me into recovery onto a proper bed I had the skin on skin and first breastfeed and she stayed on my for about the first 2 hours. I think it depends on the hospital policies and if they have a midwife that can stay with you constantly.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Both were public, the first time no.

The second time i got knocked out with a GA so i didnt get to see him or tpuch him for many many hours. It was awful.

This time i hope it all goes well and i get skin to skin in recovery, but i dont hold high hopes.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't get to see DS for the first 12 hours after he was born. He was in a bubble for those hours, but unfortunately being a first time mum with little understanding of what I was and wasn't entitled to, I didn't think to push seeing him until 12 hours later when I finally got up the nerve to ask to see him.

I don't think I had skin to skin contact with him for the first week until I got home from hospital. A lot of people say that doesn't really have an impact, but I think had I been able to have skin to skin contact it might have made a difference when DS was little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went private and I did skin to skin through recovery. I had my DH with us at all times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At my public hospital u can have skin to skin in recovery if u have a scheduled c-section; if an emergency c-section only if the middie is able to stay with u in recovery. We were told to nag as much as possible to convince them to stay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was given DS as soon as he had been checked and wrapped, I was really shakey from the spinal so couldn't hold him long so gave him to DH to cuddle while I held his lil hand. As soon as I was stitched up we went straight to SCN where DS had to stay for 24 hours, I didn't get to see him again for 10 hours after he was born.
    I will not be going 10 hours without seeing this baby no matter what....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told at first going into theatre that i would have skin to skin n be able to breast feed in recovary. But then once in recovary i wasnt able to as there where to many other patiants in there as well as a staffing issue it was hard to wait n hour to be able to hold her.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My private hospital does not have the staff to make it possible. I have since offered to pay a midwife for a 4 hour shift and they have said they will make it happen for me. Only thing is if I go before my scheduled date it may not happen.