+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brisbane - Mater private or North West? OBs?

Hi all, I'm new to this so I hope this is ok for me to ask.

I'm really after advice/experience about doctors at North West and Mater Private. At the moment I'm leaning towards delivering at Mater. So I need to choos an OB. With the safety net now as it is, I need to choose carefully based somewhat on cost.

This is my second. My first was with Arrivals at South Brisbane, but that was before the changes to the safety net. I can't afford them again!

If this information is not allowed on the forums, please private message me any info you have.

Thankyou!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't have experience with the Mater, but I saw Bob Watson at the North West, and had DD there. I thought he and it were great, and am seeing him again for ttc a second child.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

angeltj  (07-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Girl X. Bob Watson is definitley my pick for North West. In fact he is the reason why I would go to North West... I have heard so many positive things about him. The only thing is, I have heard he will only take fertility patients. That was the case when I tried to book him for DS. I intend to call first thing tomorrow and see if I can get in to see him.

His fees seem reasonable too.

Can I ask, did Bob actually deliver your DD? If not, what was the delivering doctor like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I saw Bob for fertility treatment (Clomid) in order to conceive DD and throughout my pregnancy with her. He went on holiday about a week before she was due, and she was delivered by Hasan Titiz (c-section).

When I started seeing Bob for the pregnancy he told me that he was away for my due date, and asked if I wanted to change obstetricians straight away - and I said no. They gave me a great hand-over to Dr Titiz, and let me see him prior to the delivery.

Bob phoned from his holiday just before and after DD was born - which I thought was very lovely of him! I then saw him again for the post birth check-ups.

Dr Titiz was great, and I had a very good experience with the c-section, and a great recovery too. I now have no visible scar at all.

I prefer Bob's patient manner, as he is a little gentler and kinder in his approach - whereas Dr Titiz was a little more perfunctory (although still nice).

I've been seeing Bob again since August last year for Clomid, FSH injections, and now IVF (in TTC #2). Again, his manner is lovely. His advice is good, and he is available on phone at any time for any questions too. I highly recommend him.

The North West itself was great too. Since I had DD they have done a big renovation and extension to their maternity wing, but I found it very good before that too. (And they gave us a bottle of champagne when I was in with DD to apologise for any construction noise!)

The midwives were all lovely, and the hospital room was nice, clean, comfortable, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou. Hopefully I can get in to see him!