+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 20 weeks pregnant and feeling so down :(

Firstly I'll come clean and admit that I've gained 10kg already

DH and I went out to dinner last night, and all of my nice shirts just make me look so fat. Everyone says I look pregnant, but it's getting me so down.

I lost 40kg prior to this pregnancy, and to now be going backwards? It's depressing. I just can't seem to win with my body. Ugly horrid thing it is.

I just wish I could feel and look as great as other pregnant women.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well you have lost it before so you will lose it again! No pregnant woman looks horrid. Try to make healthy choices. I went and saw a dietician to help with gestational diabetes and weight gain. It was a great learning curve.

Big hugs. Try to think beautiful thoughts about yourself. You are doing the world an amazing task by bringing another person here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try not to stress.

Trust me, not only are you carrying a precious little life, but you also have litres of extra fluid and blood which add to your weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know, it really does suck when you've lost heaps of weight and now it's all coming back again

I'm having similar thoughts some days too, going back to my old jeans (that I was so proud to be out of, finally) was really hard. On the other hand I was losing weight to get pregnant So I just think of all the walking around I can do with my pram when the baby finally arrives, and really look forward to getting back into my nice clothes again (but this time as a mum ).

Another thing I find hard is still not looking pregnant, I just look fat, and now bloated too Oh well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, give it another couple of weeks and you'll definitely look pregnant!

I've put on about 10kg, but seriously, so much is boob and baby and fluid and uterus and placenta and lining and amnio and extra blood. Have a look at the ******* weight calculator, it will allow you to see if you have put on more than the suggested amount for your height and starting weight, and if u have then just focus on making the right choices from here on...you're only half way there, so you still have time for your weight gain to balance out over the 40 weeks...just because you've already put on 10 doesn't mean you have to put on another 10 in the second half.

But more than anything, focus on how amazing it is that our bodies can actually DO this!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Damn stupid limitations to linking! Pm me if you want the weight gain calculator.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG - you could be my new best friend posting this!

I lost 30kgs and kept it off for 2 years before falling pregnant with DS (now 15mo) and had never felt so good in my life.

Then at about 20 weeks I started gaining even though I was eating healthy I'm one of those people who needs to workout hard every day in order to maintain my weight. Brisk walks don't cut it for me. But Due to blood pressure I have to take it easy.

I went into Bras N Things for a maternity bra and the girl fitting me tells me that I was no longer my awesome 10D, I was now a 16F, they didn't have that size and would have to order it. I dissolved into an absolute sobbing mess in the dressing room. The poor girl went and got the manger then went to find OH who had gone into the shop next door, all these other women getting fitted are crammed into my fitting room, hugging me and telling me it was going to be alright, which was weird because I hadn't gotten my top back on just my seriously inadequate sports bra!!

So now I'm pregnant again - didn't get a chance to lose all the weight in between, lost some but I've gained it back.

I found it really hard to hear people say;

You're huge! Wow, every girl wants to hear this!
    It's normal. Nothing about pregnancy is normal
    You're pregnant! Thanks capt obvious
    Or one that really makes me angry 'Just accept your body will be different. Focus on the baby, it's not about you anymore'

Erg! I know how much time, effort and energy it took to lose the weight and people say you will gradually lose but I want it gone now!

Its the only selfish thing that I want...aside from sleep.

But I am determined to get my body back and you can too! You did it once, you can do it again.

Stay strong, do things that make you feel good like pedicures or get your hair done, it helps believe me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bohogirls For This Useful Post:

Aquabeda  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feel the very same way got to my goal weight last year after so long now 26 weeks and 16kilo heavier it's hard. You just want to be like those women that only put on 5kilo but we just have to accept that we are not them. I try to walk 30m everyday and watch what I eat. I'm scared to eat take out so that is helping me heaps. I'm way better then I was while preg with my son. Less activity eg running like I used to has made the weight jump on fast. Just have to wait till after baby comes. But then I'm scared that I won't have enough milk if I start to eat less after baby is born