+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use Clinique range - I went and had a consult and got the best one for my skin type.

My skin is much better for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I second the coconut oil suggestion. Also rosehip oil.

I also use Paula's choice stuff sometimes (you have to order online so I get a bit slack sometimes and don't have any for a while!), if you google cosmetic cop or Paula's choice you should get her website which has heaps of info about different skin types/conditions etc. I try to use natural stuff but sometimes just doesn't cut it (mainly in winter or when im pregnant and my skin is drier than usual) and have found this line really good (combined with the coconut or rosehip oil).

Anyway the biggest thing for me is using an AHA cream before my moisturiser (whether that be oil or a cream), which is a chemical exfoliant, the best one I've used is neutrogener healthy something, can no longer buy in Australia so I buy off eBay from USA. It's the BOMB!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

onedayatatime  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post
    Put coconut oil on your skin before going to bed...it leaves your skin so soft and smooth.

It also cleared up my adult acne!
    Is this coconut oil the stuff you get from health food shops and it's stiff and white and in a jar? (I used to buy the product I'm describing for cooking and as a spread on bread instead of butter or margarine)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onedayatatime View Post
    Is this coconut oil the stuff you get from health food shops and it's stiff and white and in a jar? (I used to buy the product I'm describing for cooking and as a spread on bread instead of butter or margarine)
    Yep, not like tanning oil (which is really mineral oil and fragrance). It goes hard in cool temperatures (and is sometimes referred to as coconut butter), and liquid in warmer temps. YUM!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    TBH, I'd go to a salon, have a skin analysis and a facial and then use the products they recommend.

We're using Thalgo during my course and have been having facials once a week. My skin has improved so much. Would definitely recommend that brand, but it's salon-only so you could only buy it from a salon, not from a shop...

Then they'd be able to tell you what your skin type is anyway. You may still be oily ("normal" is pretty rare, esp. in Australia), but with age often comes skin dehydration which presents quite like dry skin, but is to do with water content rather than oil content.

Are your pores obvious? Like, if you look in the mirror, can you see them? If you can, then you're not suffering from dry skin. If you can, you likely still have oily, but oil production lessens with age generally anyway, and you might just be getting flaking and dry-feeling spots as a result of dehydration instead (very common in Aust).

Anyway, a therapist will be able to find all this out and find a suitable range for you.
    Thanks Sassymummy for this detailed post. I can see my pores on the t-zone. I wondered about dehydration but I do drink a fair bit of water every day. However, I am breastfeeding at the mo' so I wonder if it's just not enough water? I would like to go to a salon, but we're on one income right now so extra things like that are a bit much for the budget (but I'm willing to spend on a nice moisturizer if it's effective.) Are salon products really worth it? Sounds like you know. During my acne years I had salon trips and bought salon products and found they were completely ineffective which made me a bit jaded. (coz it was $$$!!) Perhaps 'dryness' is a bit easier to treat than pimples though. I might have better luck now. I'll check out those products you suggested on the net. Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Yep, not like tanning oil (which is really mineral oil and fragrance). It goes hard in cool temperatures (and is sometimes referred to as coconut butter), and liquid in warmer temps. YUM!
    Yeah it is yum! I love it! Well that's handy because I've been wanting to buy some for ages but it was hard to get hold of for a while there - nobody could get it supplied for some reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dermalogica products are amazing, I use the "active moist" moisturizer it's fantastic but a little pricey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I used to use AHAVA products and thought they were great. Purchased online through deadsea.com.au

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by onedayatatime View Post
    Yep!

Best thing is, you can buy a jar for under $10 and it will last for months and months!