+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Short term - I can't believe I'm saying this, but... Get pregnant with #2. And start studying towards my second degree.

Medium term - get a bigger house, stabilize our financial position once we're done having babies (stopping at 2). Keep up the study.

Long term - complete my degree and do a masters at the end of it. Start a whole new career!

And in amongst all that, try to be a really good mummy and have a happy family

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Short term (within 1yr)? Finish paying off debt.
    Long term (within 3yrs)? Buy our own house
    Extra long term (5yrs+)? work as a lactation consultant
    Mini goals? Fix my car!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Short term - get as much work as possible while I can. Mini road trip before the baby's born. Have this baby, learn to look after it.

Long term - get a contract (I'm a teacher) or some other form of more reliable work. Maybe consider having another baby...we'll see how we go.

Extra long term - pay of the mortgage as quickly as possible. Enjoy time as a family. Get back into travelling. Move towards working in speech therapy, or something else more linguistics-based than what I'm doing.

Mini goals - go for a nice long walk this weekend. Make bliss balls. Clean up the house. Enjoy my first day of teaching in MONTHS on Monday. Wash the dog.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    short term - return to study, finish finance study and move on to something else more interesting

long term - finish paying off mortgage and save goal amount of cash

extra long term - buy investment properties

mini goal - stop buying take away so often

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Short term (within 1yr)?
    - Hopefully be 3 months away from my wedding

Long term (within 3yrs)?
    - Complete my graphic design course that I've been dreaming of.
    - Getting rid of our personal loan and trying for baby number 2.

Extra long term (5yrs+)?
    - Buy our first home.
    - Having a successful home business doing invites.
    - Holiday overseas.

Mini goals?
    - DF doing his course to get a better job.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Short term (within 1yr) - Obtain the perfect job, get back into drawing, move house.
    Long term (within 3yrs) - Lose 60kgs........
    Extra long term (5yrs+) - Buy a house and some nice new furniture, have 1 more baby.

Mini goals - Excersize everyday and just make sure bub is happy. Sort out the issue with the dog.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    Short term (within 1yr)?
    Long term (within 3yrs)?
    Extra long term (5yrs+)?
    Mini goals?

For me it is
    Short term, job search (get a job) for part time work in mid-August. Start course in September.

Long term, work as an EN while studying (middle of 2014)

Extra long term, work as a RN/midwife while saving to buy a house on my own :-D (2018+)

All my goals are basically all towards one thing getting qualified as a RN/ midwife and saving for a house.

What's yours? They don't have to be career related about anything
    An update I have complete first year of EN dip and have also got a job as an AIN have been saving for a car and getting a new car very soon

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (29-12-2013),Cue  (29-12-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Short term - I can't believe I'm saying this, but... Get pregnant with #2. And start studying towards my second degree.

Medium term - get a bigger house, stabilize our financial position once we're done having babies (stopping at 2). Keep up the study.

Long term - complete my degree and do a masters at the end of it. Start a whole new career!

And in amongst all that, try to be a really good mummy and have a happy family
    Nice work Jensha!!

Update from me too:

Short term - I'm almost 11wks pregnant, yay! Took 3 rounds of IVF but we got there. Have also completed 2 subjects at uni.

Medium - finances are pretty stable at the moment and I should be able to comfortably take a decent amount of time for mat leave. We've looked at options for our next house and are refining our plans.

Long term - TBC!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Short term - lose10kgs, get kids citizenship so they can get passports so I can take them home to meet my family.

Mid term - lose 25-30kgs, have money aside for trips home for two reunions (2013, 2014), pay off debt, further DHs career.

Long term - go back to work temporarily so we can buy a house, then hopefully have 2 more babies.
    I've lost 20kgs, 25kgs to go before I get to my goal weight.

Other than that, I've achieved very little of the above.

NEW GOALS

Short term - Lose that 25kgs, get more job security, launch my business, get divorced, find a man, start playing netball again.

Mid term - Keep the weight off and tone up, get my business to a point where I can hire office space and stop my day job, buy a fast car, travel to either Rio for the Olympics, or Lebanon, find a 50/50 shared care solution that works for my kids.

Long term - Get my business to a point where I can step back and enjoy the fruits of my labours, travel a lot, get married again and maybe have another kid, study for pleasure, build my dream home.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Cue  (29-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Short term - lose 20kg.
    Long term - find a part time job before thinking about ttc. Debt free!!!!
    Extra long term - be a mother of 2? Mother of 1 at Uni? Still be debt free...

Mini goals - become a better organiser, cleaner and start budgeting.