ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Ladies doing acupuncture - which cycle days?

As the title reads I am keen to hear from ivf ladies on which days you get acu during a cycle? I am currently waiting for af to start jabbing on day 2 so not sure if I should make an appointment on a particular day to start acu? Then how many appointments before Epu and after transfer?

Tia! Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'll be watching this thread!
    I'm starting acupuncture in a few weeks :-)

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I generally get accu done weekly in the lead up to and during a cycle, the day or two before epu, day of both before and after transfer and then back to weekly. My weekly appts are just on Saturdays cos that is when I see the practitioner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bronwyn. Keen to hear from anyone else if your practitioner does it differently??

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are doing weekly sessions at the moment. My lady recommends twice weekly in the cycle you are transferring or stimming. I am not sure if its to certain cycle dates but will ask! She also does it within the few hrs of transfer!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbutterfly View Post
    We are doing weekly sessions at the moment. My lady recommends twice weekly in the cycle you are transferring or stimming. I am not sure if its to certain cycle dates but will ask! She also does it within the few hrs of transfer!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Thanks for replying

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think everyone is different. I've been having acupuncture for about 18 months (before we started ivf) so i usually don't have it while i'm cycling (mainly because there are so many trips to the clinic, i can never fit it in!) but when i have transfer, i have it twice on day of the transfer (before and after) and then for 4 days after.

I find them amazing, they always tell me to keep my belly warm, live like a "princess" for a few weeks (don't do housework or exercise just relax and rest lots and do things that make you feel happy) and keep your feet warm.

Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I did acupuncture about 6 months before doing an Ivf cycle, fortnightly. Then I did it the day before epu and immediately after et ( they say the sooner the better, mine was 3 hours after). They say as Long as you you do it straight after et, it doesn't really matter after that how much you do it, as it's the initial stage after et that's most important. After my et, I went a fortnight later, and since then, I go monthly. I'm now 5 months pregnant. Goodluck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it a week before EPU - they advised doing it weekly in the lead up, but I was already stimming when I rang them & decided to do it.

Then the day after EPU, to help with pain & swelling. Then twice on day of transfer - before and after the transfer.

Then again 3 days after transfer, and one another week later. I got a BFP.

They advise to keep going weekly after that, but one of the FNs at my clinic told me not to have any more acupuncture as I had some bleeding & she said it stimulates blood flow, which we didn't want at that that point. The acupuncturist later told me that is total rubbish & early pregnancy acupuncture is totally different to what they do during the cycle - she said it is actually designed to prevent miscarriage. So I think FN gave me really bad advice there.

I will do it again next time, but need to find a different place - only because we're moving house next week & that location will be toally out of the way for me.