+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lil miss, my phones not letting me quote you but OMG I just want to hug you. Whats wrong with people!? I wish I was there....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Too many times to count. Tut tutting, head shaking, and outright advice, some well meaning, some downright judgmental. Most of the time I just ignore it, but if they get when you're feeling vulnerable it can truly be awful.

People forget that kids are people too, not carbon copies, and that just like you can't tell an adult has mental issues by looking at them, you can't see many issues or disorders after glancing at a child either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    In my 19 years of parenting I had so many comments. There have been a few that have made me cry, some that I have actually laughed in their face as they comments have been just so stupid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I never have, which surprises me considering I'm a young mum and I look younger than I am.

boysrgr8 is offline living with a constant look of OMG!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Recently, I was at the shops with a tired 7 yr old son. He had a full on tantrum and hid under a table in the shop. An elderly couple were standing close and told me to leave him there.
    I just smiled politely and waited for my boy to calm down which took more than 10 mins. I had lots of people comment about his meltdown, but at the end of the day, I knew what was the best for my boy. Stuff their crappy comments!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The other day I was shopping with DD and she had a melt down over something she wanted and I said no, I picked her up at the checkout and she was still in the middle of her tantrum and scratched my face. The girl at the checkout then proceeded to tell me how to discipline her. I was like just hurry up so I can pay and get out of here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't believe how many people feel the need to be in other peoples business! I have learnt not to judge and I would certainly never give advice about something I knew nothing about.

My story is when DS was a couple of weeks old and it was my first trip out by myself so nervous already and as i was holding DS he starts fussing because he was getting hungry. So I pop him back in the pram and rush towards the mothers room and I missed the entry so turned around and a woman in my face shouts "pick your baby up!" like I was just letting him cry. I was so flustered I did not get a word in but boy I wish I had. I was not confident enough to hold my baby and push the pram and this woman thinks its ok to tell me what to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in David Jones when DS was 6 weeks old. He had reflux and was screaming and screaming. He was overtired and I knew he would fall asleep in the pram if I kept it moving. I was pushing him in the pram and an old Italian lady came over and picked him up and said "oh you poor little baby, you just need to be cuddled don't you. You don't want to be in that horrible pram". Then she said to me you really shouldnt let him scream like that. You need to respond to his needs. It just breaks my heart to see babies being ignored.

Worst part? I was actually walking around David Jones trying to kill time while waiting for my psychiatrist appointment, because I was suffering pretty horrific pnd. That lady has no clue just how deeply she affected me that day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started a thread about this when it happened but I'll say it again! I was talking to a work colleague about being tired one particular day when dd had been teething and just not sleeping at all. A lady I hardly know overheard and told me I had no right to be complaining about being tired and it was my fault because I probably let dd sleep in my bed. And also that I shouldn't still be breastfeeding her because she is way too old (she was 12 mths at the time)and I'm teaching her bad habits. Stupid mole. I was too shocked to say anything to her but I wish I had of. I do see her every so often and I try and make some remark about how I am STILL bf my now 18mth old dd just to see if she says anything again! I have so many comebacks for her now and I want to use them!!! It really shocks me that So many people have had so many comments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Another shocker I thought of tonight. Again with my DD1. When she was 3, I was dropping her at daycare. She was standing beside me while I spoke to the group leader and another mother (who I'd never met before but DD was friends with her daughter). Anyway, when I went to how my DD a kiss goodbye, this woman goes "oh is she yours".. Uh, yeah... "oh she is BIG isn't she. You are tiny, her dad must be big" *insert catty snigger here* (by big she meant FAT) uh actually no he is my size if not smaller "oh well wonder where she gets it from". Now all this was said IN FRONT of my DD, who was very aware of what was implied but also the entire preschool class. Her face dropped, she looked heartbroken. I was shocked and so was the group leader. Neither of us knew what to say. That afternoon after id had time to think about it and I decided to put in a complaint. The group leader handled the situation brilliantly and something must have been said or done because a few days later I was dropping DD off and the woman was there as well. As soon as she saw me, she grabbed her daughter, grabbed the daughters bag from the locker and marched it of the centre, returning only when I left.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

captainscaptain  (06-05-2012)