+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, no new really i sent out a heap of emails to toy stores, chemists, supermarkets, but no replies really.

Have one othermum that is keen to get it up and running and have made up a flyer though we are still only doing it our of my house so i dont really want 50 kids turning up heheh, how many do you think is a good number my husband asked me last night i was like i have no idea, if we go the hall we would need at least 20 families to cover costs i would think.

No luck on funraising though we have one met twice, i sugested choc funraiser and sausage sizzle, but its so hard to get people motivated.

Do you mind if i "like" your playgroup a friend on fb?

cheers michelle

oh also you said you got some supplies from Kamrt, did you start off putting your own money in? i put in about $80 on chairs paints other art and craft plus flour salt col etc. and does your kmart paint smell really strong? yuck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi, for sure 'like' our page! send me the link to yours too. have you had a chance to advertise it to local mums groups pages on facebook?

I would recommend approaching rotary for a donation and if there only a few of you you might be able to pull off an instore bbq at woolworths, you only need two people at a time, we raise $150 doing that and they donate most stuff and charge you staff discount for snags.

when you are up and running playgroup will send you a 'starter' package, well pgnsw do, and it has some small tubes of paint and craft bits.

the chocolates are a great fundraiser but like you say, people have to be interested.

As for people, I would get as many as you can as not everyone turns up each week. 20 is a great number. Charge them all $3 per family. Our rent is $17 so we are meeting rent and having a little surplus. I also advertised on the council website, they have a community section, and absolutely everywhere I could think of like the local paper and facebook pages in the community, neighbourhood watch page etc. channel ten also have a community thing that gets stuff mentioned on tv as well as online. Also put flyers up in local chemists and baby health clinics. advertise it on bubhub in the playgroup section and see if you can find some NZ to AUS groups online too.

hang onto your receipts as if you get going you can claim that money back eventually. we used our bbq money for purchases. we were very lucky in that there was already a playgroup run by the council and they lost their funding so we got most of their stuff at a garage sale or free. when you are a playgroup you can apply for financial assistance but its not garunteed.

the only reason we went with playgroup nsw was because of the insurance covering children. you could possilby approach a church who have their own insurance and may wish to have a new playgroup - you could get a place to use and cheap rent without people having to join up for $39 a year and they may help financially but you are under their instruction.

oh and if you do join playgroup nsw there are some grants you can apply for. clubgrants just finished in NSW, not sure when it goes in QLD, and also council do grants too. you need to be a non for profit incorporation.
    Last edited by lizzymcfizzy; 08-06-2012 at 09:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    lucky you qld do them quarterly http://www.olgr.qld.gov.au/grants/gcbf/index.shtml

your local council may also do community grants

this is our community connect event page and it goes on the calender every tuesday http://www.mycommunityconnect.com.au...event_id=49294

if you go back to the front page you can select qld. its free to submit an event.