Every time I find one, even if it's newly listed, it gets leased out before it's even open for inspection! It's so frustrating!! But when I call agents, they never offer private inspections so when do the people who apply for it actually see it!?
I'm always prepared to write an application on the spot and I'll write a cover letter to go with it, but it's just getting past the first inspection.
I hate house hunting
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
04-05-2012 10:37 #1
How do you get a rental!?
04-05-2012 10:43 #2
Contact an agent (or multiple) and ask them to find you a rental. This may give you a head start in the application process.
04-05-2012 10:43 #3-
- Join Date
- Jul 2010
I just kept pushy them, and pushing them, and filled out my application before r house was even open to the public so I was first in best dressed. I just got a rental yesterday after a week of calling the real estate daily and pressuring them. That's what worked for us
04-05-2012 21:06 #4
Few pointers I found helpful;
1. Contact Agents Directly regarding rentals up and coming. By the time they are on the net 9 times out of 10 a tennant has already been chosen.
2. Go to each agency, pick up a few application forms. Completely fill them in, just leave kep details like the address, rent etc blank for the time being. Then view the houses you wish. If you like them your app is already completed so writ ethe address down, the rent and take it straight to the agency and submit immediately.
3. If you have pets, write a little blurb up seperate to your application regarding your pet. Like a little profile. It works wonders.
4. Be the first at the inspection time. Treat it like a job interview and go to the inspections early. Line up first. Make that first impression. Introduce yourself upon entry to the house with the agent and shake their hand. Say goodbye upon exit and again shake their hand.
5. Ask all the right questions. Show you are interested and you are willing to ask the correct and appropriate questions upon viewing of the property.
But my key is BE EARLY. Prepare your applications ASAP and as I said leave the addresses blank until you find a house to apply for. Do it with several applications. Add your cover letters. Questions etc you might have. And keep each application with you. If you like the house put the address on and hand it to the agent or dirve straight to the agency and hand it in immediately.
We did this, got the house within 3 hours of viewing. Withing 30 mins of viewing we were the only applicant. Within 2 hours of viewing there were 6 applications.
04-05-2012 21:35 #5-
- Join Date
- Mar 2012
Last edited by tea&toast; 06-03-2014 at 16:27.
By PomPoms in forum House & GardensReplies: 41Last Post: 10-12-2012, 23:59
By PorkyPies in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 28-09-2012, 08:04
By pinkplease3 in forum General ChatReplies: 21Last Post: 22-08-2012, 10:52
Swim AustraliaSwim Australia are the leading learn-to-swim experts, and national swim school authority. With over 600 Registered Swim ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
IVF/FET April & May chatConception & Fertility General Chat
CD8, Who's also at the start of their cycle and TTC?Conception & Fertility General Chat
Egg Donation in Greece #5Egg Donation
Considering a terminationShould we have another baby?
Having a tough time with the dad... Does it get any easier?Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
IVF babies due March/April/May 2017#2pregnancy and babies through IVF
Things your pets have eaten and shouldn't haveGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat