My 14mth old has a milk and egg yolk allergy so wondering if anyone has any good vegan recipes that would suit a 14mth old they would care to share
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 32
30-04-2012 20:12 #1
Vegan recipes for 14mth old
30-04-2012 20:18 #2
I have heaps what are you after exactly?
The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:
30-04-2012 20:23 #3
Muffins, slices etc finger food sort of things as he likes feeding himself
30-04-2012 20:53 #4
We are not vegan but my 18 month old DS has been eating mini falafel balls and lentil slice since he was 9 months!
(25 falafel balls)
2 cups of dried chickpeas, soaked in water for 12 hours
1/2 cup rice crumbs
5 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup chopped coriander
1/2 small onion
1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
Oil for frying
1. Wash the soaked chickpeas and put them in a food processor with the garlic, onion and spices. Grind until you get a rough moist texture. Add a little water if needed.
2. Move the mixture into a large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and put aside, covered, for 30-60 minutes.
3. Add the baking soda to the mixture and knead a little.
4. Wet your hands and shape little balls or nuggets Fry until brown
- 225 grams Lentils
- 1-1/2 cups Water
- 1 cup, sliced Onions
- 1 teaspoon Parsley, raw
- 1/3 cup rice crumbs
- 1 clove Garlic,
- 2 medium Egg ( u would use egg substitute)
- 1 medium Carrot
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 medium Zucchini
1. Cook lentils in water until soft
2. Fry onion in oil until soft
3. Grate carrot and zucchini and Combine all ingredients into baking tin bake for 30 mins , cut into slices or fingers
30-04-2012 20:55 #5
Thanks so much looks great
30-04-2012 21:12 #6
I used to make a mild chickpea curry, potato bake with salad, steamed/boiled/raw veges. She even liked raw cauliflower.
30-04-2012 21:16 #7
How did u make a potato bake vegan style? Doesn't it normally need cream and cheese? Did you use soy?
30-04-2012 21:22 #8
I use coconut cream for pasta bake, potato bake and creamy pastas.
30-04-2012 23:17 #9
Bumping for the night readers
01-05-2012 06:29 #10
And another bump for the early birds
By Pesca77 in forum Weaning & Starting solidsReplies: 9Last Post: 27-10-2012, 15:53
By Cleo77 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 11-08-2012, 13:39
By Ana Gram in forum Recipes & Lunchbox IdeasReplies: 63Last Post: 11-05-2012, 19:29
KindyROOKindyROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Depressed without supportGeneral depression and blues
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
IVF Babies due August/Sept/Oct' 16 #4pregnancy and babies through IVF
The Word Association Game #24Games & fun stuff
IVF Babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017 #2pregnancy and babies through IVF
Things your pets have eaten and shouldn't haveGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Posting this question for a freindSafety Issues
31 weeks....Third Trimester Chat
Tea drinkers unite!General Chat