+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slinkymalinki View Post
    At age nearly 40, I got 4 eggs. FS was definitely on a strategy of aiming for quality not quantity. .
    Thanks, needed to hear that. I am not expecting a baker's dozen anytime soon. More likely a small handful like you. But hey, it only takes one.

Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had 17 eggs retrieved, 15 of which were mature, all of which fertilsed using ICSI with 4 making it to 5 day blastocyst and a 6 others making it to day 4 progress level. We implanted one of the 5 day ones (best looking - quality-wise)- with others on ice and got pregnant first go (due now).

I also have a friend recently who had only 1 make it to day 5 and all the others stopped progressing after day 3 and she got pregnant first go with that one.

So - any number above one is good as it gives you the option of picking the best quality one...and as you'd be aware, it only takes one. It's definitely quality not quantity. Just ask the lab when they are progressing you on status to tell you about the quality of each one as well as it's progress. The more you ask the more info they share.

Also in terms of their progressing I was told apparently it is the male factor that makes them progress beyond day 3 so how far along they go will depend on the reason for using IVF in the first place.

Best of luck with it - try to think positive and not stress (easier to say I know) but I'm sure that this combined with other 'therapies' such as acupuncture help prepare the body for a positive result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To the best of my memory

EPU #1 12 eggs 8 blasties all bfn

EPU #2 16 eggs 12 blasties all bfn

EPU #3 17 eggs 12 day 2/3 all bfn

EPU #4 26 eggs (over 10 blasties) all bfn

EPU #5 28 eggs 17 blasties bfp X 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    At our first down reg ivf cycle i had OHSS and had 22 eggs collected.
    Did ICSI on 5 , 4 fertilised and 14 fertilised naturaly out of 18.
    We were advised to do a split cycle of ivf/icsi as this was our first and if none of the eggs fertilised naturally then we would still hopefully have some through icsi.

I am 35 and was on an average dose of FSH and FS is not sure why i got OHSS.
    We did not have a transfer as to prevent severe OHSS.

Out of 18 eggs fertilised 11 made it to top grade day 5 blastocysts and were able to be frozen for later FET cycles.
    We had our blastocysts frozen by vitrification and there is meant to be a higher thraw rate with this method (so far they have only had to thaw 1 at each transfer.

We have had 2 natuaral FET so far both BPN.

Hoping 3rd time lucky, FET no 3 next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

IVF#1 13 eggs, 4 fertilised, none survived
    IVF#2 15 eggs, 4 fertilised with ICSI, one was showing signs of blast at day 5 (but was so bad, couldn't even be graded)
    IVF#3 7 eggs, 1 fertilised with ICSI, we transferred on day 2 so no idea wether it would have survived but I doubt it.

ahhh oh well....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have PCOS so expected lots, 23 at EPU, 18 fertilised, by the end had 12. Didn't use ICSI, only one embryo transferred (blasty stage), currently pregnant and due in a month (very lucky it worked first go), and 11 spares on ice (may lose some of these in the thawing process though).

My FS doesn't like multiple births so they will only transfer one at a time.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got 4 eggs, all 4 fertilized and made it to day 5. I had one transferred which implanted but ended in a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks. 2 froze and I've had 1 FET and have 1 in storage. There was a mix up with my dosage for injections that's why I got so few, but waiting to see in June how we go with the proper dose. As has been said everyone is different though. Good luck with everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow congrats to all who have Gotten the ultimate BFP and fingers crossed for those of us still trying. I have PCO and I'm surprised I don't get more concidering Im on elonva and gonal f 250. However as many of you have said its quality not necessarily quantity. I've also been doing acupuncture for the last 2.5mths so hopefully this has also had a positive effect and my new clinic (I switched for this cycle) is going to b doing assisted hatching if they feel it's needed and embryo glue if we r lucky enough to make it to blastocyst this time. I'm nervous but eagerly waiting there call to let us no how they r doing today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just remember, that although it certainly helps, you don't NEED to make it to blastocyst on day 5 for it to work.
    With our assisted hatching, we chucked it in even though the clinic didn't know if it was needed or not. It was only the results AFTER having done it that showed that it probably helped.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 3 EPU's

1st - 75 - 150i/u of Puregon
    0 Eggs Retrieved

2nd - 225i/u Puregon
    11 Eggs Retrieved
    1 mature - Another 2 matured overnight - All fertilised & transferred at day 2
    Stim (2dt) # (1 Transferred) BFN
    FET (2dt) # (2 Transferred) BFN

3rd - 300i/u Gonal F
    11 Eggs Retrieved
    6 mature - 4 fertilised 2x 2dayers transfered & 2x Blastosysts frozen
    Stim (2dt) # (2 transfered) - BFP - 2 Implanted & 1 lost at 7wks

I always didnt have very many eggs but we got there in the end..
    I also have low amh for my age at 3.4 & ive only ever had 2 day transfers.
    Last edited by bubbalove83; 01-05-2012 at 15:52.