+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How many eggs did you get at EPU?

Hi ladies! So as the title suggests, how many mature eggs did you get at EPU? How many fertilized and of them how many went to blastocyst? Did u do icsi? Or what was done to help your eggs along the way to a BFP? Just curious as I had EPU today- had 8 collected and 6 suitable for icsi..feel like this isn't enough eggs so i guess just wanting to c how i compare with other women
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your numbers look fine. Comparing yourself to other women won't work really well because you don't have the same medical history. Eg. the girls with PCOS will often get a lot of eggs because they have PCOS. I average around 7 mature.

I forget a couple of the numbers for mature and fert., but these will be pretty close.
    1. 8 mature and frozen. 7 thawed. ICSI. 3 fert. 0 blast. Transferred from batch 2 which was fertilised at same time as this batch.
    2. 7 mature. ICSI. 7 fert. 0 blast. (Actually 2 blast, but neither had an inner cell mass, i.e. no baby, blighted ovum.) Day 5 transfer 1x morula. BFN.
    3. 9 mature. ICSI. 2 fert. 0 blast. Day 2 transfer due to Xmas hols, 2x 4cell. BFN. Digital hi-mag.
    4. 3 mature. ICSI. 1 fert. 0 blast. Day 3 transfer as we'd already found the best one 1x 8cell. BFN. DHEA. NK protocol. Digital hi-mag.
    5. 7 mature. ICSI. 5 fert. 0 blast. Day 5 transfer 2x morula. BFN. DHEA. NK protocol. Digital hi-mag.
    6. 9 mature at EPU. 12 mature by time they did ICSI. 8 fert. 0 blast. Day 5 transfer 2x morula. BFN. DHEA. 150 pregnyl near end of stim for low LH.
    7. 7 mature. ICSI. 5 fert. 1 early blast. Day 5 transfer 1x blast. BFN. NK protocol. 150 pregnyl every 3 days to ward off low LH. PolScope. Assisted hatching.
    8. 7 mature. ICSI. 5 fert. 0 blast (but all 5 were morulas this time). Day 5 transfer 2x morula. BFP twins. DHEA. NK protocol. Luveris. Assisted hatching.

I think assisted hatching helped, as daily updates on cycle 7 showed that embryo growth improved after it was done.
    I think low LH may have been an issue and was helped by Luveris on the last cycle.
    Cycles 1, 7, 8 were down reg. The others were antagonist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 13 collected, 5 fertilised with IVF and 2 fertilised with ICSI. The rest didnt make it. I only got 1 fresh transfer, which was a chemical and 2 FET's. None of the others survived thaw.
    My most recent cycle was cancelled before pickup, too many follicles to continue. I was in the same dose as last time, so not sure why I reacted so differently.

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I've had two EPU with very different results.

1st EPU: 5 eggs, all fertilized with icsi. 2 survived to blast, both bfn.
    2nd EPU: 19 eggs, 17 fertilized. 14 developed until day 3, then 1 fresh tf. 2 frozen, waiting for their chance. The other eleven stopped developing and were discarded.

After the second EPU I was on Progynova twice a day, and Crinone in the evening. I got a BFP with that fresh tf, sadly lost it though. I do think the progesterone helped it to stick initially.

6 eggs for icsi sounds good. Fx for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Ive only done one cycle of icsi and I got 11 eggs collected, 8 mature and all 8 fertilsed. Only 2 reached blastocyst day 5 so have one in my belly And one on ice

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 13 collected at EPU. Did icsi on 5 and rest allowed to fertilize naturally. All icsied got fertilized and 5 out of 8 got naturally fertilized.

We froze 4 eggs at day 3 and remaining left to grow to day 5.

Put back 1 morula (day 4 transfer BFN) and only 1 out of remaining 4 reached blastocyst stage on day 6.

So now I have four day 3 embies and 1 blast on ice for FET .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't recall all of my cycles but the last stim is worth mentioning. At age nearly 40, I got 4 eggs. FS was definitely on a strategy of aiming for quality not quantity. We did ICSI on all 4. Incredibly, all 4 fertilised normally and developed into grade 1 5 day (and, I think, one 6-day) blastocysts. I knew this was rare but the scientists confirmed how remarkable it was. Fresh transfer was BFN, first FET was BFN, then a final double transfer is a BFP (currently 7 weeks). This was a cycle that we basically had given the order to cancel because things weren't going well in the early stages, but ended up proceeding with. Definitely goes to show that quality is the thing to aim for. Good luck.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to slinkymalinki For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ohhhh I love reading girls epu/fert stats! so interesting but as pp said u cant really compare yourself to others as we're all doing ivf for different reasons, different ages, etc. i'm doing it for MFI and I have PCO without the S (lucky!)

Antagonist Stim 1: 23 eggs collected, 19 good for ICSI fert, 12 made it thru day 1, 1tf at 2cell stage 5 frozen at day2. bfn, 3 didnt survive thaw 2 single FETs both bfn

changed FS:
    Antagonist Stim 2: 19 eggs collected, 16 good for ICSI/TESA fert, 10 made it thru day 1 and all the way to day5! 1 transferred, 3 blasty frozen. BFP!!!

The big difference was using testicular sperm for ICSI instead on ejaculated sperm.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did one EPU and got 7 eggs, 6 fertilized, 4 developed, one day 4 transfer and 3 blasts frozen. We were very lucky to get a BFP first go!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    1 epu - 9 eggs collected, 7 mature. 7 fertilized with (mfi), all 7 made it to blast. 1 transferred bfn, 6 put on ice. Next we did a Medicated fet, 1 transferred bfp, almost 11 weeks, 5 still on ice.
    Good luck Capri