ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone else forgotten something really important?

I'm a terrible parent - and I started off the morning thinking I was really great!

DD's teacher rang last week to ensure that DH and I were present at the early morning assembly this morning because she was receiving a major award (it's handed out once a month to a student in the town - there are 2 high schools and approximately 600 students so it's a biggie!).

And I completely forgot. I put it on the alarm in my phone to remind myself but left the phone in the car! Only just checked it!

Anyone else forgotten something really important? Or is my memory worse than everyone's? And what did you do instead (why did you forget)?

BTW, what I did do this morn (so far):
    * the kids had bacon and eggs for brekkie (never, usually) cos I made ceasar wraps for their lunches (and ours = 8).
    * I bathed three cos they were busy on the weekend (sport and travel) and we hadn't had a chance
    * found a missing sports uniform and sneakers (different children)
    * 5 kids all left for school early
    * Bfed the baby
    * redressed the preschooler in paint-proof clothes, packed her bag and sent her off with DH
    * did half a mountain of dishes also left over from the weekend (ran out of space)

Thanks
    Reviews
    when your DD comes home can you do something special just for her? Maby you and her can go watch a movie etc? i think some mummy daughter time is in order.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bokkie_wotwot For This Useful Post:

mrsd  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bokkie_wotwot View Post
    when your DD comes home can you do something special just for her? Maby you and her can go watch a movie etc? i think some mummy daughter time is in order.

Thanks, BW. I felt terrible!

I had choc cake and milkshakes waiting when they came home from school (after I picked them up so they didn't have to walk up the hill like usual).

She forgave me (prob used to me by now!) At least she had her elder sister and younger brother there for some family reps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Last year we made a big deal about going to the Playschool concert and out for lunch afterwards and how it was going to be lots of fun because their dad was coming too, and he'd never been before etc.

A week after the concert I was looking at a FB friend's profile and sh ehad commented that the Playschool concert was fantastic. I had forgotten all about it. I felt terrible!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

mrsd  (02-05-2012)