ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    YES.I have saggy skin. I'm getting a tummy tuck when I can afford it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't have 5 sons I can blame that on though Gretel. :P You're looknig fabulous btw!

Chels, of course not... it's why I do Zumba and weights. Zumba 3 times a week, weights usually 4. I'd love to do something at the gym. DP should be returning to the mines soon. I might just do it then and tell him too bad. Cos seriously, that $10 would just be blown on something pointless if not spent at the gym anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a full gym membership with all the classes, and it's $15 per week.
    To avoid joining fees and sometimes get a cheaper rate, you can take over another membership on transfermymembership.com

I really recommend it. Before I had m.sickness, I was addicted to the classes. They are very energising and motivating. I get a real high after them, and after doing a mixture of pump, attack, step, I noticed firming in my body, despite being overweight. I'm not sure if it helps re skin as I only ever lost about 17k over an extended period.

Sorry, I sound like a crazy person, but I wish I had discovered group fitness classes 10 years ago.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

TinyLittleTootsies  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah, you need to spend that $10.

I have two friends who have both lost a lot, one from around 90kg to 50kg, the other was around 100kg went down to 60kg, but both tiny, a size 6/8.

One did it through starving, and still refuses to go to the gym. She still has really bad sagging. The other ended up going to the gym, and after 2 years (yeah I know it is a long time, but she saw great results before 2 years, just not the end result), she now has very tight skin and her whole body is toned and she wears binikis. My other friend still wears long pants and shirts to hide everything because of the sagging skin . The only signs the friend has that she was ever not a size 6/8 is that she *is* covered in stretch marks, really bad ones. But you can't really tell from how much they faded, I just know they they are there.

They are also both the same size now, but the gym going friend weighs 10kg more

Btw, she hated the gym, so just started off doing a cardio every second day and a pump class 1-3 times a week. Now she does it depending on how she's feeling, like if she feels down she will go to pump every day just to feel better, but it is usually 3 times a week and a cardio based class 6 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    $10 a week is sooooo cheap!! Where I work is $21 a week, where I train is $26 a week but there's a pool, climbing wall etc. Those 24/7 gyms are good I think.

Sagging skin sucks. I lost 22kg & didn't get it, but I was running 3-4 times a week & weights twice a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks guys. I might go check out this cheap gym. There's another nearby that's more costly, doesn't open as long, but I have no idea what the benefits are of the new gym. It's also not a name I've ever heard of, so it might close down soon for all I know. Luckily there's no contracts though.

PP, I'll have al ook at that website! Ta!

Thanks
    Reviews
    btw don't lose hope! My friend who is now toned did it after she was really upset about sagging skin too, so not at the start of her weight loss . She's in her 20's though, so that might help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in my 20s too! :P Though like I said, I think my skin is a jerk and I don't think I'm genetically lucky there... but maybe some exercise may help. I do think my thighs are more likely to be assisted than my tummy though - I think that's beyond repair tbh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 years before I fell pregnant I lost 30kgs quite fast and didn't have any saggy skin. Had a nice flat stomach, just a little soft. When I fell pregnant I gained close to 30kgs back and now 22 months later I have lost about 20kgs but have alot of loose skin all in my stomach. Even at a size 10/12 I can't wear normal tops unless I have tights on to hold the skin in place. Hate it! Im pretty sure it's because I yo-yo'ed up and down and have never exercised to lose it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went from 115kgs to 61kgs in 18 months. Worked my butt off at the gym and home and still ended up with saggy skin. My arms and thighs are the worst. I've put on 10kgs with dd, but even at 61kgs I wouldn't wear singlets, strapped or strapless tops because of it. Sucks to still have self esteem issues after working so hard.
    I did also go from a g cup to a different cup so my boobs were really really bad but i paid to have them lifted, my one concession!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub