+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default After hours / at home doctor in Brisbane?

Has anyone in north Brisbane used a after hours call out doctor for you or your child? I've heard there are some out there that bulk bill children but don't know where to look...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Call 13 SICK.

i have used them many times and they bulk bill children under 16.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Just wanted to add, you can be waiting hours for one to come out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Family care . And they are rubbish. I work in aged care pharmacy and I've seen the bad bad prescribing
    Things people are allergic too, things patients are already on, wrong qty or strength on scripts , no scripts , wrong type of scripts. Ugh thank god I'm on mat leave!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Try the ' Family Care Friendly Society' they bulk bill all children under 16, you just need to show the Doctor your medicare care card when they come to your home.

Ph: 137425

The Doctors home visits are available from: 6pm to 8am Mon to Fri
    12 noon Saturday to 8am Monday
    24 hours on Sundays and public holidays.

We've had them out several times in the late evenings and have had the same Doctor call out bar on one occasion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Family care . And they are rubbish. I work in aged care pharmacy and I've seen the bad bad prescribing
    Things people are allergic too, things patients are already on, wrong qty or strength on scripts , no scripts , wrong type of scripts. Ugh thank god I'm on mat leave!
    If you need a doctor you need a doctor. Some things cant be helped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is also a bulk bill clinic that's open 7 days a week 7am-10pm in
    Murrumba Downs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post

Oh I agree. But they mostly have just got here and it's scary to see their mistakes. We had one barge into our house one night then just walk out when we said it was the wrong house. No knocking , no apology nothing ! Govt needs to step up and have more clinics .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post

Very true. You may not always need a precription.

My DH's works away for extended periods of time and of course if something is going to happen, it always happens when he's away and I'm on my own. I needed a Doctor to come out when my DD fell off the side of the couch onto the tiles and had a inward bump. It was so reassurring to not have to drag out all the kids to the emergency (which would have been the only thing open) and have peace of mind that she wasn't concussed and the bump was a 'normal' bump and not a sinister one.

Jordansmumma, I am not sure where on the northside you are, but there are after hours clinics in Kedron and Aspley as well, though unlike the call out Doctors mentioned above, I don't think they bulk bill and you can expect to shell out at least $70.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Oh I agree. But they mostly have just got here and it's scary to see their mistakes. We had one barge into our house one night then just walk out when we said it was the wrong house. No knocking , no apology nothing ! Govt needs to step up and have more clinics .
    I hope you complained, as that's not the usual protocol.

When we call their service, we have always been treated with the upmost respect. The driver always rings us when the Doctor is 1/2 an hour away to tell us he/her is on their way to us, they ask us to put our outside light on and they also confirm our address once again and they also ask if you have a Dog to put them away etc. From the moment I tee up the call out, I am satisfied with how they conduct themselves. I have also asked them where they are usually based, and the one we currently have had visit a few times is based in the paediatric section of a very large Hospital by day.