+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    Hi hun have you spoken to them. I know our school isnt as ideal as the one she attends now but it is cheaper and they will do discounts. Tell the you have a healthcard when you ring. They normally do discounts on a indivuaul bases so you have to make a appointment to get the right figure. Any have a chat to jenny ballmount the princpal or lisa regan and see what the can do for her.

Ps sorry for the spelling i am hopeless on this phone.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    That was the school I meant, it is cheaper by far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Regardless of income I think double the cost sounds like a big jump for ANY family!!

TBH it does not sound right even with schools sending out letters etc DOUBLING is ridiculous!!!!

I wonder if they are just not offering as high a discount along with the increased fees that make it double? As I can't see a lot of parents just wearing that kind of increase!

To all the posters who are 'shock horror' a catholic school costs $5000 a year, if it's a really good catholic school then yes it does!! I know catholic schools that cost a lot more than that too! It's the smaller parish schools that are around $2000 but yes a lot of catholic schools are this much!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Call up and get her in to WSS. They are zoned yes but she will get in to the Autism unit bypassing the zone
    Last edited by *Cj*; 27-04-2012 at 14:17.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Share A Book, give your current school a call too, ask for the Business Manager.

I have been a teacher for a long time in all sorts of settings, I'm sure a catholic school won't ask a child with autism to leave the school because her family is experiencing some extreme financial difficulties
    for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know I'm not in the same state but I attended a catholic high school and my mum worked for catholic education for years and they would never deny a child to an education based on the financial circumstances of parents.
    If it's where you want her to stay I strongly recommend you speak to either the business manager or someone higher up within catholic Ed. I'm sure there's something that can be done. Good luck :-)