+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default mother's group/playgroup in Hornsby Area

hi there...can anyone recommend a mother's group in the Hornsby area. we recently moved into the area from the UK and we dont know ANYONE at all...and i have a very sociable one year old...and would like her to make some friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya, I have a 1 year old little girl and am too looking for a playgroup... I am in Glenwood which is right by Castle Hill... I have looked at playgroup NSW... You can also call them for a playgroup in your local area... Our Mothers Group broke away once we all got busy with work and studying so we only get to meet up with them once a month so I am definitely looking for another one!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks mammafia.

i have checked them out.
    just wondered if anyone else had anything they could recommend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I go to this one and love it!

http://stjohnswahroonga.org/kids/playjays/

$2 each time and you dont have to join or commit. the ladies make you a tea and coffee and all you bring is a piece of fruit.

Craft, toys and singing! love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ooohhhh...nnnooooo!!!! i work fridays!!! what a shame!
    but thanks for the info...maybe i'll see you there sometime tho...should my work commitments change...

booo hoo hoo...and it was just down the road for me as well....oh well...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ohh bummer..well hope your work changes!!!! I go to wahroonga park alot, so if you ever want to meet up let me know! I have a 3 year old who is happy to hang out anytime!

Holy name church ( the catholic one in billyard ave) run a free playgroup on mondays..I think its st dominics.

also thornleigh baptist run a few..I did find them quite pushy on the religious side though.. the others never even mention it.
    http://www.tcbc.org.au/families/playtime-playgroup/

Thanks
    Reviews
    i am definitely going to check the st dominics one.
    thank you so much.
    and maybe i can catch you here on bub hub and arrange a playdate....

Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    Ohh bummer..well hope your work changes!!!! I go to wahroonga park alot, so if you ever want to meet up let me know! I have a 3 year old who is happy to hang out anytime!

Holy name church ( the catholic one in billyard ave) run a free playgroup on mondays..I think its st dominics.

also thornleigh baptist run a few..I did find them quite pushy on the religious side though.. the others never even mention it.
    http://www.tcbc.org.au/families/playtime-playgroup/

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Meet up in Hornsby

Hi there, Just came across your post about a mothers group in Hornsby. I too have just moved over to Australia, and am in the same boat...dont know anybody.....would be good to have some adult conversation, I also have a very sociable one year old girl who would love to have some playmates, we would love to meet up with other mums and bubs, for playdates and a cuppa. Let me know if you're interested!

Quote Originally Posted by nyarie99 View Post
    hi there...can anyone recommend a mother's group in the Hornsby area. we recently moved into the area from the UK and we dont know ANYONE at all...and i have a very sociable one year old...and would like her to make some friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi Irishmammy!
    welcome!
    i am gathering from your profile name you ahev moved from ireland? UK?
    or have you moved from elsewhere?

i am very interested in meeting up for a playdate/cuppa!!
    i work fulltime - and i am free on mondays and the weekend.
    this monday i am not available, however, i will be from the 4th of june onwards, and i am avaialbale at the weekends.

I started atending a playgroup in berowra - but we only went once because i had a change in my work timetable - but we will be going back. in fact there are 2 other ladies from the UK in that playgroup as well i think...so yeah - you might want to check that group out. the day we went, it was quite good actually.

if you want to meet up for a playdate/chat etc - send me a private message - would be more than happy. perhaps we can met up in the hornsby westfiedl etc to start off with....yeah - sned me a message, adn we can make a plan...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    I just moved to Hornsby also and would love to meet some new mamas and papas. I have a 1yo and we are super close to Westfield if anyone is interested?
    Helen