ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I would love to go FIRE ENGINE RED... but I'm not cool enough and I'm over 25 now. Would have been good to be able to get that out of the way before I was old and stuffy.
    Me too! I love the Decode singer vibrant red hair and I grew up always wanting the orange hair of the girl from the fifth element movie with Bruce Willis in it. but yep I think I'm passed that line were if I did go a funky color I'd just look silly.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin05 View Post
    so because I choose to let my child do something that is not harming you or him I am a Bad parent
    it is something that HE likes why cant he have a choice in the way he wears his hair ?
    i understand that i am the parent and obviously i say no if something is going to harm him but having some say in the way he looks i have no idea why you would think that would make me a bad parent .. could it be that the theory is reversed ???

again obviously ANY parent would see that maccas everynight is not a good option but seriously MY son having a hawk and a rats tail is totally different to filling him up with junk for dinner every night
    so you have never given into your child EVER .. ????

but for you to judge and say my parenting is "terriable"and that i am a "bad parent" for giving my 7 year old a say in the way he looks ... i would say tuff cause im raising a boy that is confident to say what he wants and to make decisions (within reason) and to learn he doesnt always have to follow the "sheep" he can be the person he wants to be

exactally !!!!!!
    Maybe I was a tad harsh but I'm being honest, if I saw a 7 year old child with a blue mowhawk and rats tail I would not think 'that Mum is raising her child to be a strong confident person who can make their own choices' I would think 'bogan' or 'feral'

What sort of school does he go to? I don't know any school in my area private or public that would accept that sort of hairstyle!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the minority I see, but I really want to cut ds2 hair in a mullet. In fact I finally worked up the nerve to tell my wife last night. He has gorgeous long ringlet curls at the back but not much at the front yet. When it gets long enough at the front for his first haircut he will have a mullet to keep his curls a bit longer. I have no doubt I won't be "allowed" to give him a second mullet, but I will enjoy the first one.
    I'm usually not keen on either on grown men and tend to think "bogan" but occasionally men look okay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh don't get me started on orange hair. No desire for it myself, but Berylsmum rocks orange hair. I mention this all the time and I'm sure it's probably embarrassing for her... but she looks freaking stunning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suspect DS is well on his way to having a mullet. It's too cute though and there's even a little curl so I can't bear to cut his hair just yet.
    Sassy Mummy I totally about the cool bright colours. I had bright red and hot pink foils (not at the same time lol) when I was 19. Best. Hair. Ever. No way I could pull it off now.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

munchkin05 is offline just me, my boy and my baby bump
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    Maybe I was a tad harsh but I'm being honest, if I saw a 7 year old child with a blue mowhawk and rats tail I would not think 'that Mum is raising her child to be a strong confident person who can make their own choices' I would think 'bogan' or 'feral'

What sort of school does he go to? I don't know any school in my area private or public that would accept that sort of hairstyle!!!
    i guess thats where parenting styles differ ... i see it as him expressing himself without hurting anyone .. you see it different

he goes to one of the more popular public schools in the area ..his school does not have a problem with his hair .. there are alot worse out there
    as for dying his hair ... thats something that we do during the school holidays and is normally washed/faded out before school goes back ..but there has been a occasion that it wasnt .. but again the school didnt have anything to say about it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin05 For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rats tails and mullets are a no no. Dyeing his hair, not until he's 14. I don't like chemicals to burn on his scalp at such a young age already. Even the natural dyes can still ruin his scalp and hair. At 2.5yo he still has very very fine and thin baby hair. Just like his mummy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Noooooo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    How old is your DS because honestly colored hair on a young children is truly awful, let alone a colour like blue!!!!! Letting kids make such choices to me is not great parenting! My kids want a lot if things but as the parent you make the call and say no!!!!

Surf clothes or not if I saw your DS with a Mohawk and rats tail I would

automatically think 'total bogan'!!!
    Bit of a harsh post...I'd rather see a little kid with blue hair any day of the week than some of the clothes kids get around in these days, ie butts hanging out or jeans hanging halfway down...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (27-04-2012)

TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mullet
    Rats Tail

Ugly to say, ugly to look at. Am yet to find anyone who looks good with either.

This is one of many things that should be left in the past.