+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin05 View Post
    My son is definatly not a bogan or anything like one ...

He is always smartly dressed which is always surf label brands etc

He has a Mohawk and a pretty impressive rats tail ... Earlier in the year we even dyed his hawk blue cause that's what he wanted

I don't particularly like it and am always trying to convince him to cut it off but for the moment that's what he wants so why should I worry to much about it after all it's only hair and he's having a choice of what he wants instead of me dictating everything to him
    How old is your DS because honestly colored hair on a young children is truly awful, let alone a colour like blue!!!!! Letting kids make such choices to me is not great parenting! My kids want a lot if things but as the parent you make the call and say no!!!!

Surf clothes or not if I saw your DS with a Mohawk and rats tail I would automatically think 'total bogan'!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin05 View Post
    I don't particularly like it and am always trying to convince him to cut it off but for the moment that's what he wants so why should I worry to much about it after all it's only hair and he's having a choice of what he wants instead of me dictating everything to him
    I do see where you are coming from, usually I also come from this POV after growing up with a very controlling parent that wouldn't let me be me. She picked my clothes until I was 14 and I hated it.

It's a difficult one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i think their repulsive. i would not let my partner ever have one, and he wanted to let our son grow one, my response was your not home during the day so when u get home it would be gone.
    rats tails =

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I'm actually dreading DS getting older in regard to this. I'm all about letting my kids within reason, be who they want to be.... but a rats tail... geez I don't know. i just hate them
    Nope - would not be happening.

I remember begging my mum for a spiral perm back in the early 90's. She finally relented, but the hairdresser refused as my hair is quite wavy naturally and she thought it would go crazy. At the time I was devastated, but now I think back with the biggest relief that there are none of THOSE photos around. (Plenty of others, but no spiral perm ones!)

I did do my own version with mousse and crunchy hair, but at least it was temporary...

There are some styles I look back on and think "Whyyyy did you let me do that???"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    I'm all for free choice, bodily autonomy etc, but if my son wanted a mullet or rat's tail, I would hack that ****er off with scissors while he slept.
    That's exactly what I thought as I read the op!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (26-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and undercuts!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (26-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Deleted. Just tired and grumpy. Been up since 3:30
    Last edited by Boobycino; 26-04-2012 at 15:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Boobycino.

I do think people have been harsh. Its just a hairstyle. Not my cup of tea, but I see plenty of kids at school with them and I've never thought anything negative about it. Variety makes the world a more interesting place. It'd be boring without rats tails, mullets, goths, emos, surfie types, perms etc etc. I love that all the kids round here have different tastes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

WorkingClassMum  (26-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    Boobycino.

I do think people have been harsh. Its just a hairstyle. Not my cup of tea, but I see plenty of kids at school with them and I've never thought anything negative about it. Variety makes the world a more interesting place. It'd be boring without rats tails, mullets, goths, emos, surfie types, perms etc etc. I love that all the kids round here have different tastes.
    Yeah my point exactly. Wanting to cry and yell "leave the poor kids alone! Its just hair!" makes me think I might be oveetired and need to put bubhub down.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had that emo mullet haircut for awhile in my teens. Cut it myself and was heaps happy with it and then I got over it. Its usually just a phase for most people when they're able to choose their own hairstyle but if I ever had a son I wouldnt choose a mullet or ratty. If he grew up and decided to attempt one then by all means I wouldnt stop him but Id hope he wouldnt. Haha.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to heartjb For This Useful Post:

littlegreengeisha  (26-04-2012)