ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No way they're awful. Sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think they are both awful looking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am so not a fan. I do not like them or find them attractive.

My BIL has had one for over 20 years. His head is shaved and his mullet is nearly to his bum. His mullet is also really tight wringlets. We all want to cut it off. He loves it and my sister likes it too. I have to say though, I could not imagine him without it....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's a bit harsh saying that it's bad parenting to let a kid have a blue mohawk ratstail....like people do realise that it's just hair right? The child isn't being abused or neglected. It may not be my thing and I may not be that liberal but so what? That's just me...but I most certainly would never say that letting a child do this to their hair is an example of bad parenting - goodness me!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (27-04-2012),LoveLivesHere  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    I think it's a bit harsh saying that it's bad parenting to let a kid have a blue mohawk ratstail....like people do realise that it's just hair right? The child isn't being abused or neglected. It may not be my thing and I may not be that liberal but so what? That's just me...but I most certainly would never say that letting a child do this to their hair is an example of bad parenting - goodness me!
    Obviously it's been lost in translation because I didn't mean letting them have a mowhawk per se was 'bad parenting' but the reasoning 'he wanted it' and I did state I don't have a problem with those cute sorta longer through the middle mowhawks!

If we were talking about a 16 year old totally diff situation but when it's young kids I think as parents that's our job to do exactly that, parent, and draw lines and say no!

The majority of the reactions in this thread to such hairstyles is disgust and things like 'feral' and 'bogan' I care what people think about my children and don't want to draw negative attention to them and judgements about them and I think that's exactly what you get with those hairstyles!!!

I'm genuinely surprised schools allow this sort if thing as if kids are in school uniform it then adds that negativity to the school!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think Angelina Jolie's son Pax had a mohawk for a while, and he actually looked like one of those trendy Asian breakdancers or whatever. He didn't look bogan.

LOL... it was blue for a while too... http://stylefrizz.com/img/mohawk-kid...jolie-pitt.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With Angelina Jolies son, its not like the kid had a choice. He was too young to understand exactly what a mohawk is and he wouldn't know if he wanted one or not lol.
    Anyway, to each their own. I dont mind putting a little dough in my sons hair to make it look a bit more spikey, but a mohawk, rats tail or mullet wont be happening here until he's old enough to pay for his own haircuts.
    Also, I haven't seen a mohawk on a small child yet. I have seen some rat tails and they look horrid on both men and boys. But again, to each their own. Its not my duty to say something about it. If Im asked what I think of it, I will tell them my honest opinion, otherwise I'll keep it to myself.

For those who dislike a mullet, would you think shoulder length hair is acceptable for a (small) boy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    [QUOTE=Misschief;
    For those who dislike a mullet, would you think shoulder length hair is acceptable for a (small) boy?[/QUOTE]

No. I don't like long hair on little boys. I think it can make them look like girls, but also - because they don't usually have hair accessories/ a style - it usually looks pretty scruffy.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Misschief  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The above was in answer to Misschief's question. Tried to quote, but it went wrong!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Misschief  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive seen babies (like 6 months old) with mohawks,and it looked soooo wrong.Just let babies be babies!
    I think rattails are foul,and mullets aint my thing,but I do have a friend whos son has one and he totally pulls it off,its adorable!
    My son has hair past his shoulders (hes 3) yes people assume hes a girl but thats their issue,not mine.
    He likes it long,so do I,but only coz hes still young and cute enough to pull it off

14. The Following User Says Thank You to *Chels* For This Useful Post:

Misschief  (27-04-2012)