Im in nsw,
I worked in 3-6 y/o pre-school and was responsible for their school rediness checks (age 5 roughly)
A large portion had to meet these or questions we're raised.
- can recognise own name correctly (eg - Naomi not NAOMI or naomi)
- can write own name correctly
- can follow instructions
- understanding concepts (biggest, smallest, in, over, under etc etc)
- refers to self in first person (eg - I want a drink, alot of children say ME instead of I)
- is able to repeat stories / events and anticipates things
- knows how to read a book (front to back, top to bottom, left to right)
- is able to draw basic people / animals and name them (mum, dad, buddy the dog etc)
- can count from 1-20, can recite alphabet and recognise letters a-z.
We also had basic requirements that were obvious must dos such as toilet use / wiping, hand washing, manipulate drink and food containers, dress and undress self (pants for toilet usage)
The hardest one was the book one, children who dont yet recognise that you 'read' a book by the words on the page dont get front to back, top to bottom, left to right. To them the letters hold no meaning
Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
+ Reply to Thread
Results 41 to 41 of 41
26-04-2012 22:43 #41-
- Join Date
- Feb 2010
By pooks in forum Family FinancesReplies: 9Last Post: 18-06-2012, 01:07
By Ffrenchknickers in forum Preschools and SchoolsReplies: 17Last Post: 12-05-2012, 12:08
By HailsnMillie in forum Preschools and SchoolsReplies: 11Last Post: 04-02-2012, 21:41
Baby U & The Wiggles - Toilet Training ProductsToilet training can be a testing time but Baby U is there to assist you and your toddler with the daunting task of ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
ConfusedConception & Fertility General Chat
Situations - ok or not ok?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Would you delay TTC because first child is starting first year of school.General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
IVF babies due March/April/May 2017#2pregnancy and babies through IVF
What are our chances??pregnancy and babies through IVF