+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are your fav family friendly cookbooks and why?

I'm a bit of a cookbooks junky with a collection of about 70 cookbooks... And I do like ones that have good meals that the whole family can enjoy.

My favs at the moment are:
    - Jamie's dinner / Jamie Oliver
    - In the kitchen / Campion & Curtis
    - A few of my AWW books (Italian, Eating Together)
    - The food I love / Neil Perry
    - River Cottage everyday / that guy Hugh with the really long surname!
    - River Cottage veg everyday / Hugh again

Jamie is easy and has regular stuff with a bit of a quirk.
    In the kitchen is awesome - over 1000 recipes, it's got everything I need and I love it that they're Melbournians and a couple with kids.
    AWW books always have easy no none sense recipes and whilst they're not always amazing, they never seem to be bad.
    The food I Love is simple but still a bit fancy, and has loads of recipes. He also writes very well.
    The river cottage books are great - big fat books with lots of recipes. The recipes are a bit different though no weird, the veg one is the best veg book I've ever owned. And I like that he uses fresh produce as much as possible as I don't cook with canned food at all or much processed ingredients so it's annoying when books like AWW call for canned this or that or custard powder etc. I now also order his family cookbook as well and I can't wait for it to arrive!

What's your favourite family cookbooks and why do you like them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I like all Bill Grangers ones ( we go to his cafes all the time) same with Peter Evans and Neil Perry ( the new Rockpool Bar and Grill is fab!) also Mario Batali ( American chef) , I love cookbooks from chefs whose restaurants I have been to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I like all Bill Grangers ones ( we go to his cafes all the time) same with Peter Evans and Neil Perry ( the new Rockpool Bar and Grill is fab!) also Mario Batali ( American chef) , I love cookbooks from chefs whose restaurants I have been to
    I've got Granger's everyday - I like the recipes but the chapter order drives me nuts! I much prefer the usual brekkies / meat / poultry / veg etc or at least entrees, mains etc.

I have Batali's Molto Italiano and I'm actually trying to sell it on eBay. If it doesn't sell, do you want to do a book swap if you've got a book you don't use much and happy to swap?