ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sure did.

BEST middy I've EVER had! By far the best person around. I still speak to him 3 years later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Was that at JHH triple time? Just wondering if he is my middie tutor now he is a guy and seems like he would be the most amazing midwife. PM me if you wouldn't mind sharing more, just curious

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry BlissedOut cant quote on my phone but no I didnt ask if they had kids/vaginal birth etc. when in labour with dd. I actually let in about 5 students to examine me and had 2 in the room when pushing bub out. Just asked df and he told me that one was a male but stood back and didnt examine me etc. I dont even remember lol. I do know that none of the students in the room had had children.

But I more so feel like a woman would have more understanding of another woman's body? And with OB question. I actually find it quite uncomfortable.. I do find myself asking why they would want to specify in that area.
    However, with dd I had a fantastic male Gp who I did feel really comfortable with. But did not want him to do my 6 week check up after the birth :-/
    But again, I guess that I just would not choose a male midwife/OB if I had the choice. If one was involved in the birth this time I wouldnt turf him out

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a male midwife with my first labor, he was terrible, not because he was male, but because he was a large, old man with a tobacco stained beard and moustache amx he just sat on a stool in the corner and said nothing the whole time! I said I felt like I needed to push, so he says, well star pushing and ill call the doc, so I did and once the Dr, also male, got there he did am internal and I was only 4cm dialated!!! Lucky I had to be moved to another hospital!

Sent from my Racer using BubHub

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The midwife who assisted me after I birthed DS2 was a male. He checked me downstairs for tears and he was a lovely midwife, very gentle and caring. I normally refuse to see male health care professionals due to a previous incident, but I felt safe around him and he gave off a good vibe, so I had no issues with him being my middie.

ETA: Oh and he helped me immensely with attachment! He was actually really good on the breastfeeding front. I was very grateful.
    Last edited by Witwicky; 24-04-2012 at 21:31.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do find it interesting that so many people are surprised about male midwives but don't bat an eyelid at male OB's...

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (26-04-2012),Gandalf  (24-04-2012),Happy2be3  (25-04-2012),Square777  (24-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I do find it interesting that so many people are surprised about male midwives but don't bat an eyelid at male OB's...
    I had a male OB and he was horrible.. discusting really.. in hindsight I wish I had of said some thing to someone..

Sent from my Racer using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    i sometimes think that its because drs are often expected to be male, whereas nurses/midwives are female.
    i know that even male nurses sometimes get a weird look because 'shouldn't you have studied medicine/paramedics/anything other than *nursing*'

Actually, as an aside - i follow a male doula's story on facebook, and he's just an amazing man gives me the best feeling everytime i see him post, because he has the most wonderful way of being 'with women', and i know he's become very popular in his area as well (he's in america - but a small part of me wants to go to america, just so i can have a birth with him in attendance )

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (24-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I did actually at the birth of dd2 he was amazing he was so gentle and caring and just fantastic if I have any more babies I will have him there again without a doubt the best midwife I know

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jemmajam For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (26-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find the notion that there's something peculiar about a man wanting to specialize in obstetrics bizarre.

The journey from conception to birth is astounding, I can see why it's a fascinating branch of medicine.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (25-04-2012),Square777  (24-04-2012),Witwicky  (25-04-2012)