ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly I think you are amazing! My bubba cries after heer bath as she gets dressed,as she knows bed is coming! She will also cry if I come in to resettle after an initial short nap, it is simply a protest cry. Your renter needs to understand that babies cry even if nothing is actually wrong, they just haven't learnt yet how to communicate in other ways! If she is going to make a good dr then she needs to understand babies. Putting things into their mouthes is how they discover, not always a sign that they are hungry, which I'm sure you already know.
    Last edited by Kkm; 24-04-2012 at 19:55.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kkm For This Useful Post:

risen  (24-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My baby cried for hours and hours every night for the first 3 or 4 months, I think she had reflux or wind or something. But then she slept all night (5 am or so)

Tell her you would ask for advise and she is making you feel inadequate, then cry and make her feel bad.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chookylaa For This Useful Post:

risen  (24-04-2012),VicPark  (26-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for replying. Now i feel less guilty. I did think about it sometimes, may be he was being unwell so he cried, but my mother instinct told me nothing wrong with my baby.

As to the Dr lady, we had a not very pleasant conversation today and they are going to move out within one or two days. Anyway they have already found a house. Finally i am going to have a peace in mind and be confident as a mother.
    Last edited by risen; 24-04-2012 at 21:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You should be confident, you're doing well and obviously know your baby!

AFM- My DD cries every day when tired and I'm trying to settle her, sometimes it takes a couple of minutes, sometimes an hour...

Sent from my LT15i

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zzz For This Useful Post:

risen  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm glad you've found a solution. Must have been stressful having someone criticizing/doubting you!

Is the woman from another country/culture? I've heard some cultures have less crying with their babies because of various settling techniques and attachment parenting but not sure which ones!

Sounds like you're doing a wonderful job - don't doubt yourself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tell her to get stuffed and mind her own business. You're not doing anything wrong. People just think that it's okay to make stupid comments. Maybe you should let her look after your child for a day and each time you hear a cry, you should run over and ask her what she has done. She sounds like a noob.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think this is maybe her way of making conversation. Maybe try talking about a few things other than baby and she might stop mentioning these things.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

risen  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My bubba doesn't cry himself to sleep but he did cry a lot at bedtime around 9-12 weeks of age. I use the save our sleep book (with a touch of my own commonsense) and bub goes to bed perfectly now and sleeps all night.

I understand things may have been tough but i can't stop worrying about you inviting strangers into your house with a young child. You don't know who's a sicko/pedo nowdays...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    I'm glad you've found a solution. Must have been stressful having someone criticizing/doubting you!

Is the woman from another country/culture? I've heard some cultures have less crying with their babies because of various settling techniques and attachment parenting but not sure which ones!

Sounds like you're doing a wonderful job - don't doubt yourself!
    I agree. In my culture if if a baby cries then something is very very wrong. I was always told by my mother, grandmother and aunts that babies cry for a reason and you need to fix that reason. If that be a boob permanently in the mouth or being cuddled then do it.

Whereas my MIL (my DH is Australian) reckons that its ok to leave a baby to cry for a bit. I disagree with her. It does cause for problems when she visits but I just dont leave DD with her.

I sympathize with you getting unwanted advice that conflicts with your parenting methods. it really does suck. hopefully now that they are moving out it will make you feel more confident.

Ps. I too have kept paid guests for periods of time (to make the budget work) and if you decide to keep them again - young single men are great cos they are never around, always go the their gf's to sleep over and never give parental advice.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate letting my babies cry but I firmly believe that my lovely 10 month old has to cry to sleep even as a newborn she wouldn't feed to sleep, no matter whether we rocked her, baby wore her, had her in the pram, anywhere she will get tired, cry for 3-5 min really loud then she's asleep. It has been quite distressing and we have tried everything til we realised if we just kept rocking or holding she would go to sleep in a few minutes.