+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I wish it was easy

I don't know if this is the right place to do this but Hubby, bubs and i have been looking for a new dr since our dr moved away. It's been so hard to find a new one, one that doesn't go on and on about loosing weight. DH and I are both overweight and we know we need to do something about it. We don't want DS to have an unhealthy relationship with food. We want him to enjoy food but be healthy. Today we tried a new dr and I was in tears. I'd told him I know we're overweight and we are working on it because my husband recently found out he has diabetes he's lost 7kilos since I not so much I've had massive cravings for not great things, I've been so down on myself the last couple of weeks. I pretty much always skip breakfast which I know is bad but I already hate my self and my body and then tonight I got my hair done all I could do was see my body in the long mirror in front of me and I hated what I seen. My whole life I have been overweight. I don't know why I can't get that thing in my head to snap that makes me want to do it more than anything that motivates me to put on my walking shoes and go for a walk, why can't I make sure I eat breakfast and lunch every day. My husband tells me I am beautiful and I don't believe him. I can't even watch the tv without crying tonight. I just hate myself for not being in control of my own willpower.

Sorry to dump this here of its the wrong place I just need to get it out somewhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Hon, you're not alone.
    I do want to recommend a book that weight watchers put out a few years ago. It's called healthy parent healthy child and it's fantastic.

It gives ideas, scenarios, suggestions and explanations. It might help you come to grips with things too.

Can I ask if you're doing your weight loss journey alone?
    It's hard alone. It's taken us a lifetime to get where we are and if it were as easy as just saying no, the weight loss industry wouldn't make so much money each year.

*~Thank goodness for my phone...It is my sanity & excuse for most things~*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,
    In a way I know how you feel. Im 115kg and I use to have no will power. Never use to eat breakfast or lunch and some nights would force myself to eat dinner and would try to throw it back up after it. Docs would say that I need to lose weight and I would say im trying but would go straight to maccas and spend easily $25 on food for myself while I give my DS a homemade vegetable frittata. The way I basically got my will power to eat and lose 10kg so far was to leave notes every where! Would have one on the fridge saying that I can do this and to have a slice of toast. Would put on my bathroom mirror what I would want to achieve for that week. Like a goal list of eating breakfast at least 2 times a week then next week would be 3 times aweek. I know its hard but it did help me and hopefully it will help you.
    Make a list of things you would want to achive in the long run what you want and also make sure u have have healthy snacks when u do grocery shopping will help you do impulse junk food shop. I alway have a snap bag full of nuts when I go shopping so I dont buy junk. It has helped alot! Sorry for the long reply but hope it helps

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    Hon, you're not alone.
    I do want to recommend a book that weight watchers put out a few years ago. It's called healthy parent healthy child and it's fantastic.

It gives ideas, scenarios, suggestions and explanations. It might help you come to grips with things too.

Can I ask if you're doing your weight loss journey alone?
    It's hard alone. It's taken us a lifetime to get where we are and if it were as easy as just saying no, the weight loss industry wouldn't make so much money each year.

*~Thank goodness for my phone...It is my sanity & excuse for most things~*
    My DH needs to loose weight now because of the diabetes so I guess we're doing it together. But it's not coming so easy for me at the moment. I'm not over eating I know I need to eat breakfast and lunch but i'm not. Then come tea time I want all the wrong things. Somedays it will be 11.30am and I'll realize I haven't eaten anything. I just hate myself for not being able to do it for being out of control of my own body. This is not the example I want to be setting as a mother but my head just doesn't give up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngish87 View Post
    Hello,
    In a way I know how you feel. Im 115kg and I use to have no will power. Never use to eat breakfast or lunch and some nights would force myself to eat dinner and would try to throw it back up after it. Docs would say that I need to lose weight and I would say im trying but would go straight to maccas and spend easily $25 on food for myself while I give my DS a homemade vegetable frittata. The way I basically got my will power to eat and lose 10kg so far was to leave notes every where! Would have one on the fridge saying that I can do this and to have a slice of toast. Would put on my bathroom mirror what I would want to achieve for that week. Like a goal list of eating breakfast at least 2 times a week then next week would be 3 times aweek. I know its hard but it did help me and hopefully it will help you.
    Make a list of things you would want to achive in the long run what you want and also make sure u have have healthy snacks when u do grocery shopping will help you do impulse junk food shop. I alway have a snap bag full of nuts when I go shopping so I dont buy junk. It has helped alot! Sorry for the long reply but hope it helps

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Great idea to take snacks to the shop will be a great idea for DS too to stop him from wanting stuff, will give him a container of fruit as we wheel around.
    Well done on the 10kg that's awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you have time, take a read of my journal on here, i was at rock bottom desperate for help, desperate to save my daughter from struggling with her weight- I made changes slowly, i didnt look at the big picture, i went 5kgs at a time. In my Diary there are lots of tips, lots of realisations. You can do this it really doesnt have to be hard- the issue is everyone gives up and restarts over and over again- dont do that, dont beat yourself up for small slips, dont let small slip ups set you back for another couple weeks and kilos.

MY BIGGEST ADVICE IS TO EAT BREAKFAST ( and yep im yelling that at you, its a huge mistake you are making just there)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DALLASMUM For This Useful Post:

Izy  (24-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DALLASMUM View Post
    If you have time, take a read of my journal on here,

MY BIGGEST ADVICE IS TO EAT BREAKFAST ( and yep im yelling that at you, its a huge mistake you are making just there)
    I know and I've lost weight before and all I need to do is eat breakfast and go for a walk. And it upsets me to think that that's probably all I need to really do but something in me just stops me from doing it.

When I was pregnant with DS I lost weight, before you say that's not good I told the dr I was seeing then about it and he said not to worry because I was big I could afford to loose weight and we went over what I was doing and he was happy that bubs was getting everything because I was eating healthy. I was eating breakfast lunch and tea, I was eating a reasonable amount, not to much not to little. When I was full I would stop because I'd had previous meals my body wasn't starving. I didnt crave junk or sugary things and chicolate didnt interest me. I took vitamins and drank a lot of water.

I wanted to make sure that I was giving DS while in my belly everything he needed, but now that he's out I am back to my old ways. I don't know why I do this. It's not like I don't know better.

At the moment the food budget is tight as well, so I've made sure that DS has what he needs first then that DH has what he needs because of his diabetes so it usually means I miss out. Maybe that's why I am no longer having breakfast again I don't know. We're being so stingy with the food to clear out the cupboard that I'm even working it out down to the last slice of bread for DHs lunch. I just feel so stupid for not being in better control

I will read your journal thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fake it til you make it baby------- thats what you have to do force yourself to get out there. I know how hard it is to get back on the wagon when you have jumped off for a while. My weight issues are emotional, last year i found out hubby had had an affair, i lost it, gave up exercising, didnt eat well, just stopped putting myself first, before i knew it i had gained 12 kilos. ..... this is were i had to force myself to get out, force myself to eat, at some stage you just stop thinking about it and the lifestyle just takes over but you have to make those habits first

You also need to force yourself to eat properly eating healthy can be chaep- ghhs for breakfast, baked beans for lunch, veggies or salad and meat for dinner, some apples, almonds and yogurt and your SET- dont put hubbys health before yours, you are a team and both need to be happy and healthy, budget, meal plan.... it can be done on a budget. If i can be of any help dont hesitate to ask

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DALLASMUM For This Useful Post:

Izy  (24-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I have had much the same problem with eating and forgetting to eat. Recently I have been preparing all my meals and snacks for the day the night before so it's all there and ready to go. No need to think about it when cravings strike. I also put the alarm on my phone to go off every 3 hours so I can have a little snack or meal incase time has gotten away from me. I have also found that if I have a craving I have a glass of water first. 9 out of 10 times I was just thirsty and the craving passes quickly. Oh and I got a really fit healthy mate to exercise with me. Knowing they are waiting for me is all I need to get my butt out if bed
    Hope this helps
    I totally understand. Baby steps

Thanks
    Reviews
    are you ready to lose the weight? to change your lifestyle? i can read a lot of excuses in your posts OP, i don't mean this in a bad way, don't get me wrong. I can just read a lot of what you wrote as excuses i used to tell myself.

YOU have to come first. If you make the meals, make the healthy meals for you, and serve them up to your Hubby and child. Don't put anything in your body that is not healthy enough for the others in your household.

Plan plan plan. Set your breakfast up the night before, set your alarm, wake up and eat breakfast all together. Plan your snacks and your lunch and dinner. No separate meals, so if you are making something healthy for your husband and child then thats what you should be eating too. there are heaps of books out there that you can use that will give you fresh cheap easy meals, that will also give you leftovers to make into lunches.

Make exercise a daily part of your routine. Just do it. Need to go buy some bread and milk? Get out and walk to your local shop. When hubby is home go out and exercise on your own, or all go down to the local oval and take turns watching your baby while the other does some exercise.

I know its freaking hard, but i been there done that i can promise you, once you get past the first decision to cut the excuses and do it, it does become easier, especially if you have your family on board. good luck, if you truly want to do this you will do it!