+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TTC when my bubba turns 1??....

Ever since my daughter was born i have wanted and craved another baby, however i've always had it in my mind to have a 2 1/2 year age gap between babies, its so hard every month to try and to have a baby because i want one so bad.
    Am considering trying for a bub in a couple of months when my little girl turns one. Anyone else done this?
    Pros, cons?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I fell pregnant (planned) a few days before my first child's first birthday, so they are 20 months apart. At times it was hard, but it would have been hard a few months later too. I had them both night-waking and both in nappies.

BUT now they are 5 and 3.5 and we have no more 'baby stuff'. No nappies, no sleep deprivation, they play together with the same types of things... I am loving the close gap now

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted a small gap and began ttc as soon as I got the all clear at 6 week cheap up. Got my sticky bfp the week before dd turned 1, so 20 month gap as well. Very excited about this gap, and in hind sight glad it didn't happen earlier.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP and I planned on having an 18-20 month gap. We started TTC when DD was 9 months old and found out I was pregnant a week after she turned 1.

We have a 20.5 month age gap and while it is difficult at times due to DP working FIFO, it's not as bad as everyone said it would be.

DD finds it hard sometimes not having me to herself 24/7 but that would happen at any age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted a gap of 12 months. But it hasn't happended yet, so I will be looking more at a 24 month gap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi plan on TTC around my DD 1st birthday in a few months so would be interested to hear everyone's responses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

We started ttc no. 2 when DS turned 1. I was advised by my OB to wait until DS had turned 1 before ttc again as I had a C-section. (in hindsight really glad I waited that long) There is a 22 month gap between DS and DS2 and then a 26 mnth gap between DS2 and DD. It is hard when they are so little but I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah im think i might start then, i am actually really worried that if i waited to long my daughter would be really naughty when the baby comes along as she is already becoming a cheeky girl who doesn't like when i give anyone else attention!

It feels right for me to try soon, i don't know why, but i crave to have another baby everyday..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    This is a great thread, I'm planning on TTC #2 when DS is 14 months, if we can hold out that long! But not before he's 1. My sister and I are 23 months apart and my DH and his brother are 24 months apart so I'm hoping for a similar gap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subscribing because I found myself thinking about this today. DS is now 7 months and I have found myself thinking about another baby all the time. It's good to hear stories from others

I also wanted to know how you all knew you were ready to start TTC again?
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 03-06-2012 at 16:36.