+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Day time nap

So DS is 2.5 and I have been thinking about when is the right time to stop his day time nap, he dosnt fight nap time and will sleep for around 2 hours if we are home or on his child care day, if we are out and about he can go all day with out a nap.
    How did you know your little one was ready to go with out a nap?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummanna View Post
    So DS is 2.5 and I have been thinking about when is the right time to stop his day time nap, he dosnt fight nap time and will sleep for around 2 hours if we are home or on his child care day, if we are out and about he can go all day with out a nap.
    How did you know your little one was ready to go with out a nap?
    Ds just wouldn't go down when he turned 3ish so that indicated he was ready to go without the day sleep. He has just turned 4 yr kindy this year and will sometimes have a sleep in the afternoon if he's had a full on morning.
    I would keep it going for as long as he is happy to have it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 4 and half year old still has naps at kindy.. But not at home. He gave up day naps at 3 and a half. If he goes down without a fight he still needs a nap. Once he consistently decides he's fine without one you'll know. I'm actually glad my son's kindy teachers encourages naps.. Their little bodies can always do with extra sleep:-)

***Happy to be a Mummy & Daddy of ONE! :-) ***

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 4 and half year old still has naps at kindy.. But not at home. He gave up day naps at 3 and a half. If he goes down without a fight he still needs a nap. Once he consistently decides he's fine without one you'll know. I'm actually glad my son's kindy teachers encourages naps.. Their little bodies can always do with extra sleep:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post

Ds's kindy does half days, I'm sure he would still have a nap during kindy if they were full days. Sometimes he goes from kindy to daycare and he will sleep at daycare. I agree with needing the extra sleep, they do need it still at that age, my sleep book has explained it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the advise

Thanks
    Reviews
    If he's happy to nap and you are not having issues with night sleeps I don't see any reason to change it