+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Back to back stimulated IVF cycles...have you done it? would you do it?

Hi ladies

Had my first ever IVF cycle this month, resulted in a BFN

As i didnt have any embbies to freeze, just wanted to know if any of you have done back to back stimulated cycles? If so, has anyone one had any success?

I would have to go thru a fresh egg pick up and transfer, which i dont mind, but was just wondering if you girls thought it was worth it?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmomma View Post
    Hi ladies

Had my first ever IVF cycle this month, resulted in a BFN

As i didnt have any embbies to freeze, just wanted to know if any of you have done back to back stimulated cycles? If so, has anyone one had any success?

I would have to go thru a fresh egg pick up and transfer, which i dont mind, but was just wondering if you girls thought it was worth it?

Thanks
    I was going to do back to back cycles in January. My FS allowed it but I changed my mind for a few reasons. I chose to trial dhea so needed to wait 3 months for that to kick in and decided that it would also be a chance for my bank account to have a break.

My advice? Give yourself time to heal - from all the pain your feeling right now. I know the headspace you are in and you just want to get started again after having such a crap result with no frosties. It's devastating, I know. But give yourself the break and you will be in a better frame of mind to tackle a new cycle in a month or so. Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

bigmomma  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks April78 and nicole83.....my FS did say i could do a back to back cycle, but at a reduced dose....but i have decided to give myself a break....looking forward to my second cycle in a few weeks time

Thanks for your replies ladies, really appreciate it